Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
silvergranny
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Mobile Hotspot problems on Torch 9810 and Playbook

I am having problems with the mobile hotspot connection from my Torch 9810 to my Playbook via the Blackberry Bridge.  The browser on the Playbook constantly hangs and the signal strength on my Torch 9810 keeps dropping a lot.  I can't figure out if it is a problem with my phone, the Playbook or my carrier, Virgin Mobile.  I have to keep doing battery pulls 3 times per week or the Playbook doesn't connect at all to the browser.  Occasionally I can't get the browser on the Torch to connect at all.  The phone will be 2 years old in August.  My battery has always been poor but it still lasts most of the day unless I make a lengthy call or use the hotspot for a long time without the phone being on the charger.  I keep both the phone and the Playbook charged at 70% or more.  Could it need a new battery so soon?  Would an older battery cause the loss of signal strength so often?  The only internet I can afford is what I get with the Torch 9810 mobile hotspot so these problems are very annoying.   Any suggestions as to what could be causing this?  Are others experiencing these same problems.  Thanks.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
hatchback
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: Mobile Hotspot problems on Torch 9810 and Playbook

Hey silvergranny,

Welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

To better assist you, what software version are you using on on the BlackBerry PlayBook? And if you disable BlackBerry Bridge and are connected to the Mobile hotspot can you use the Browser on the BlackBerry PlayBook?

Thank you.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
silvergranny

I am using version 2.1.0.1526 on the Playbook. It is the latest version available.  When I disabled the bridge, I was able to use the browser on the Playbook.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
hatchback
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Hello Silvergranny,

Thank you for the feedback, to further investigate this we would request that you contact our BlackBerry PlayBook support team for further investigation into this matter.
The contact information for BlackBerry PlayBook support can be found here: http://us.blackberry.com/legal/blackberry-playbook-complimentary-support-plan-terms-and-conditions.h...

Let us know if you have any other questions.
Thanks.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
silvergranny

This service is not available to me as I have had my Playbook for more than 90 days. Because of all the problems with both my Smartphone and the Playbook, I will not be buying any more Blackberry products.
Please use plain text.