Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

melman
My Device: Torch

Moving contacts from gmail to the Torch

Is there a way to easily move your contacts in gmail to the Torch?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
iveri
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800

Re: Moving contacts from gmail to the Torch

Yes download Google Sync. this will allow you to sync your contacts to your BB

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
galloinv
My Device: Not Specified

doesnt work with me...duplicates lots of entries....

Please use plain text.
jennnsmith
My Device: torch

I have 9,000 duplicates of one contact and I can NOT figure out how to get rid of them efficiently in gmail or on my phone! If I merge the duplicates, it only does 250 at a time!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ikishk
My Device: Torch 9800

Google Sync has caused nothing but headaches on the Torch, aside from the initial sync.  Doing some research, it seems its not compatable w/ OS6 at this time.  The initial sync WILL work, but when it tries to sync again, you might notice your phone getting slower and slower and downright unresponsive at times. 

I'd suggest uninstalling it.  OS6 has built in contact sync w/ Gmail, take a look here:  http://www.blackberry.com/newsletters/connection/ce/i910/wirelessly_sync.shtml

That page also mentioned calendaring, but I havn't seen the word "calendar" as its own option or part of an option as that page states.

I've been able to test contact creation/update/deletion from the Gmail and and the Torch sides, just takes a little patience as it only polls on certain, unknown intervals (unknown to me anyways, might be nice to have a status dialog somewhere).

Please use plain text.