If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Contributor
SiobhanAdams
My Device: White Blackberry Torch
My Carrier: Vodafone

Multiple Duplicates of same BBM Messages in message menu?

Please bare with me while I try to explain this as clearly as I can,

In my message menu (the one that lists all your recent emails, BBM messages etc.) all BBM messages I have sent and received are showing up multiple times - literally 20+ times. By this I don't mean every individual message, but rather, the most recent message sent or received from each contact. It is only the BBM messages that are showing up multiple times, however there are multiple gaps (were a message would usually be, separated by lines) before and after every email and other form of notification.

At first I thought it was something to do with an app I had recently downloaded and susequently deleted it (and many others, just incase) however this problem seems to still be happening, even after many reboots.

Any solutions?

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Gentlemaneve
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Orange

Re: Multiple Duplicates of same BBM Messages in message menu?

I think I experienced a similar problem with my text messages. My only solution was to take out the battery, which wasn't too much of a problem since it didn't happen too often. Have you tried doing that?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
SiobhanAdams
My Device: White Blackberry Torch
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Multiple Duplicates of same BBM Messages in message menu?

Hi Gentlemaneve, thanks for replying :smileyhappy:

I've noticed that it does seem to stop when I do a battery pull however a few hours later it seems to happen all over again!

Thanks for suggesting it though.

Please use plain text.