Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

ptolenaa
My Device: Torch 9800

Music stops playing when recieving a new email / whatsapp / ping or any other notification

Dear All,

I want to use my blackberry as audio device when riding my bike. However i noticed that it just stops playing music when there is a new notification, once thats has been cleared, it just resumes playing. This is highly unusable 'cause the torch is somewhere in my jacket.

Could someone help me out here? I saw that this was a common problem and i find it very unlicky that cracking my blackberry (which i bought for 800$) is the only solution to make it work like a 20$ mp3 player.

Cheers!

Pascal

toy4two2
My Device: Bold 8900

Re: Music stops playing when recieving a new email / whatsapp / ping or any other notification

Welcome to Blackberry ownership. 

Not only is the Blackberry a poor web browsing device, its also the suck for music playing.  If you want a device that plays music for cycling or running (I'm a cyclist too) get an iPhone or Android. 

The Blackberry cannot do two things at once like play music and be a phone at the same time.  What you need to do is go to MANAGE CONNECTIONS and turn off everything, Wifi, Bluetooth, and Network.  Once you've turned off the smart phone features you can use it as an MP3 player without the problem with the music stopping everytime you get an email or txt while you are working out.

Bummer but that's life with these devices.

New Contributor
Geordieboi
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Music stops playing when recieving a new email / whatsapp / ping or any other notification

I have this problem too with my torch 9800. Yet it only happens once in a blue moon :/ its never happened for months n months until right this minute as I'm typing this lol. I can always usually surf the net, listen to my music AND bbm n text all at the same time without my music going off when I receive any type of notifications. I don't know why. But its bugging me haha. But yeah, never happened for ages until tonight
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

When I want music only I set my alerts to vibrate only so it wont be interupted

Try a Battery pull please, with the BlackBerry device powered ON, remove the battery 15 seconds and then reinsert the battery to reboot device. This will clear all cache like rebooting a PC. Then try again and see if your problem persists.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V