Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

My Device: Torch 9860
My Carrier: Vodafone

My 9860 won't power on and my laptop doesn't recognize that it is connected :'(

Please help before I chuck my stupid phone out of the window!

I have the Torch 9860, which will not switch on, it displays the blinking red LED when connected to a power source or when the battery is connected and that is it!

It doesn't power on when using my wall charger (which charges my spare Blackberry fine) I have tried plugging it in with battery out and then popping the battery back in and this doesn't help either.

I've also tried connecting it to my laptop using a USB cable (which connects my old Blackberry fine) again with and without the battery inserted but my laptop does not recognise my Torch at any point but desktop software recognizes and updates my old Storm 2 fine.

Any suggestions about what I can do apart from set it on fire?

Many thanks,

Jen

xxx

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Passport/Z30//Q10/ Z10 / 9900 / PlayBook / 9700 / 8900
My Carrier: ATT

Re: My 9860 won't power on and my laptop doesn't recognize that it is connected :'(

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Please try this process.

1) Leave it on a known good charger (not the PC, a wall charger) for 2 hours

2) If it still has not booted up, then, with it still on the charger, remove the battery.

3) Wait at least 5 minutes with the battery out and the BB on the charger.

4) Still with the BB on the charger, put the battery in.

See if it now boots up.

If not, then your battery could be bad...obtain a known good replacement and repeat the procedure.

Good luck!

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Storm/Blckberry-9530-won-t-turn-on-or-even-connect...