Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch
My Carrier: ATT

My BB Torch is completely dead - won't come on at all

Hello!

If any of you have any ideas I would love to hear.

I left my BB Torch on overnight and when I got up I found the phone completely dead (it was working fine the evening before, so this was without warning).  I tried to charge it, re-inserted the battery etc but no effect. I can't even get the BB desktop to recoginize the device as connected.  No lights or any other hint of activity on the phone - as dead as a doornail.

I went to the ATT store and they couldn't figure it out either - said they had never run into this.  They tried on a new battery.  Then they sold me a new phone!

Developer
My Device: 9300 3G Curve
My Carrier: Tata Docomo

Re: My BB Torch is completely dead - won't come on at all

Hi thuky,

Welcome to the BB Community.

Thats really a strange thing...u remeber any thng specific u did or installed any app or maybe deleted any app before the BB went dead...???

Neways, a reinstallation of the OS wud hve solved the issue, but since there is no activity in ur BB so i wud sugget u to take the BB to a BB Service Center and let the professionals do their job... 

with regards
simply abhik...
_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Please click "Accept as Solution" if your issue has been solved and to give thanks/appreciation, click thumbs up...
For BB OS update: http://us.blackberry.com/software/smartphones/update.html
BB Simulators: http://us.blackberry.com/sites/developers/resources/simulators.html
_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.840), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

thuky wrote:

Hello!

If any of you have any ideas I would love to hear.

I left my BB Torch on overnight and when I got up I found the phone completely dead (it was working fine the evening before, so this was without warning).  I tried to charge it, re-inserted the battery etc but no effect. I can't even get the BB desktop to recoginize the device as connected.  No lights or any other hint of activity on the phone - as dead as a doornail.

I went to the ATT store and they couldn't figure it out either - said they had never run into this.  They tried on a new battery.  Then they sold me a new phone!

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Please try this sequence...note that, throughout the entire 4h15m process, your BB must remain connected to a known-good wall charger (not PC USB):

1. With the battery inside, connect your BB to the wall charger
  2. Leave it alone for 2 hours, no matter what the LED or the display does
  3. Remove the battery
  4. Wait 15 minutes
  5. Insert the battery
  6. Wait another 2 hours, no matter what the LED or the display does

This has been known to "kick start" some BBs.

It is also possible that your battery or BB has experienced a problem...to test, this sequence is needed:

1. Obtain a known good and already fully charged additional battery...use it in your BB and see what happens
  2. Obtain access to a known good and identical BB...use your battery in it and see what happens

The results of this will indicate if it's your BB or your battery that has the problem.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch
My Carrier: ATT

Hi -

Thanks for the prompt response.  I did try your approach to the letter but nothing happened.  I guess this phone is really kaput.  I had it connected to a wall charger throughout.

I know the problem is with the phone.  I had taken it to a local ATT store and they tried a known working battery and there was nothing - the technician said he had no answer for me - it was strange that the phone was completely dead.

I also know there were no app updates because it was working fine before I went to bed and was dead when I woke up and it was not plugged into anything over night.

Really mysterious but I like the new BB Bold better!  Thanks for your suggestions....

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.840), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

All electronic devices are prevented from achieving perfection...the human element in their design, construction, and usage quite simply prevents that. At some point, they will expire...and, based on your description, yours has. Qualified hardware technicians, with the device in hand, can sometimes determine exactly what is wrong...and often fix them. But, equally often such attempts cost more than simple replacement. A sad byproduct of our consumer-driven society!

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code