Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
aosaka77
My Device: 9860
My Carrier: MTN Nigeria

My Black Berry 9860 wont register blackberry service - no host routing table

[ Edited ]

I have a very serious problem with my blackberry 9860 phone.

My blackberry OS was reinstall and since after the reinstallation i have not been able to use the blackberry service.

I have contacted my service provider(MTN NIgeria) and they have done everything from their side with no solution.

When i run diagnostic test, it shows me:

BlackBerry Registration: No

Connected to Blackberry: Aborted

BlackBerry PIN-PIN: Aborted

My HRT was also empty and i have register several times and doing a hard reset with no way out.

I have an active BlackBerry Subscription on my phone at the moment and I can browse the internet but i am charged for it. I have chack the service status on the phone and it shows me  BlackBerry Internet Service Connection: Not Connected.

Please HELP.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: My Black Berry 9860 wont register blackberry service - no host routing table

[ Edited ]

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Well, the first problem I see is one of compatibility. From all I can tell, the 9860 is not natively supported on the MTN Nigeria network for automatic HRT registration and Service Book delivery. If that is indeed true, then sometime in the past some tricks were done on that device to get it to function on their network...and the update process has wiped out those tricks, rendering the device again unusable on their network. So, if it is true, then you need to re-do (or have re-done) whatever those original tricks were.

Also, you should verify with MTN if indeed it is true...ask them a very specific question:

• Is my specific 9860 fully compatible with your network for automatic HRT registration and automatic Service Book delivery?

If there answer is yes, then escalate with them...after all, you pay them for your services, and they are not delivering. But, if the answer is no, then the first bit I talked about above likely applies...and you'd need to decide how to proceed (e.g., find whoever it was that got this device to function on the MTN network, and have them do it again now).

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
aosaka77

Re: My Black Berry 9860 wont register blackberry service - no host routing table

Thank you for your response.

i av neva had dis issue in d past. infact the phone worked seamlessly when i bought it and activate BIS service with it. No tricks or any manual settings was done on it.

well i called MTN earlier dis morning and i had to insist that they should escalate the issue to RIM.

i will still call dem again to confirm abt the compatibility thing.

But i tried something again which i did not narrate earlier. i put my MTN sim on anoda blackberry phone and everything works fine. i now use anoda MTN sim with active BIS subscription on my phone but it is still not working. I den use anoda sim with active BIS subscription from a different carrier(etisalat Nigeria) on my phone but also that did not work.

COULD THIS BE POINTING TO SOMETHING?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

I suppose that there could be a slim possibility that whatever update you did corrupted something, and that is now preventing this functionality. This is a true WAG...not even a SWAG, so proceed at your own risk with trying a clean reload of your OS.

The simplest way is to, on a PC (you cannot do this on MAC):

1) Make sure you have a current and complete backup of your BB...you can find complete instructions via the link in my auto-sig below.

2) Uninstall, from your PC, any BB OS packages

3) Make sure you have the BB Desktop Software already installed

4) Download and install, to your PC, the BB OS package you desire:

• http://us.blackberry.com/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp
  • It is sorted first by carrier -- so if all you want are the OS levels your carrier supports, your search will be quick. However, some carriers are much slower than others to release updates. To truly seek out the most up-to-date OS package for your BB, you must dig through and find all carriers that support your specific model BB, and then compare the OS levels that they support.

5) Delete, on your PC, all copies of VENDOR.XML...there will be at least one, and perhaps 2, and they will be located in or similarly to (it changes based on your Windows version) these folders:

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
  • C:\Users\(your Windows UserName)\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

6a) For changing your installed BB OS level (upgrade or downgrade), you can launch the Desktop Software and connect your BB...the software should offer you the OS package you installed to your PC.

6b) Or, for reloading your currently installed BB OS level as well as for changing it, bypass the Desktop Software and use LOADER.EXE directly, by proceeding to step 2 in this process:

If, during the processes of 6a or 6b, your BB presents a "507" error, simply unplug the USB cord from the BB and re-insert it...don't do anything else...this should allow the install to continue.

You may also want to investigate the use of BBSAK (bbsak.org) to perform the wipe it is capable of.

You may also want to try the "Bare Bones OS Reload Procedure" to attempt to narrow down the precise causal item:

1. Load your OS "bare bones"...if anything is optional, do not install it.
  2. If the behavior presents immediately, then try a different OS with step 1
  3. If the behavior does not immediately present, then run for as long as it takes for you to be sure that the behavior will not present.
  4. Add one thing -- no matter how tempting, just one.
  5. If the behavior does not present immediately, then again run for long enough to be sure it will not have the same problem
  6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 until all things are loaded or the behavior presents

When the behavior presents, you know the culprit...the last thing you loaded.

If the behavior does not re-present, then you know that either step 1 or 2 cured it.

If the behavior presents no matter what, then you likely have a hardware level issue for which no amount of OS or software can cure.

You may also need the use of these tricks:

If you are on MAC, you are limited to only your carriers sanctioned OS packages...but can still use any levels that they currently sanction. See this procedure:

• KB19915How to perform a clean reload of BlackBerry smartphone application software using BlackBerry Desktop Software

Good luck and let us know!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
aosaka77

thank you once again in trying to help me get this issue resolved.

let me clarify that i did not do an update, i did a clean install after wipping my blackberry with BBSAK. actually the initial problem was that the BB stops 3/4 of the loading bar and it hangs dia. I was asked to reload d OS and so i just did a wipe and den reinstall d OS. That was the genesis of empty HRT.

so dis also means that i av tried all d option highlighted in ur procedure with d exception of installing the OS using 'bare bones' method.

this i will try now.

thanks once again

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
aosaka77

again i realised that MTN does not av 9860 OS listed on Software download page.

although one of the OS list for 9810 for MTN indicate a 9860 wen i run d installer. so i use dis.

i av also try anoda one frm etisalat which did not also work.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

aosaka77 wrote:

again i realised that MTN does not av 9860 OS listed on Software download page.

This is what leads me to believe that your carrier does not natively support the 9860 for automatic HRT registration and automatic Service Book delivery. But, to truly know the answer to that question, you must ask them (as I advised so long ago up in this thread).

aosaka77 wrote:

although one of the OS list for 9810 for MTN indicate a 9860 wen i run d installer. so i use dis.

You cannot interchange OS packages between device model numbers. With the process I gave you, you can only use an OS package that is specifically for the 9860. If, with that procedure, you install to your PC an OS package for other than the 9860, what you install will be totally ignored, and you will not succeed at overriding the automatic process.

aosaka77 wrote:

i av also try anoda one frm etisalat which did not also work.

You can use any OS package from any carrier, as long as it's for the 9860. That is actually what step 5 in the procedure (deleting the VENDOR.XML files) is for...that stops the automatic cross-check between the installed (to your PC) OS package and the original VendorID code inside of your BB, and allows you to use any carriers OS Package.

But, "did not also work" pretty much tells me nothing that I can give you any reply to. I suspect perhaps that, if you are not exactly following those instructions, then the OS package(s) you are installing to your PC are being ignored, and the automatic process is not therefore being bypassed. But, again, from such a brief report of information, I can deduce nothing at all to help you.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.