Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
prabhurk
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9850
My Carrier: US Cellular

My Blackberry Torch 9580 is unusable. Please help!!!!

Hi,

I am using a Blackberry Torch 9580, It us creating multiple problems for past one week. The phone went completely unusable now. :-(

I have Updated my OS from 7.0 to 7.1 some 15 days back. The phone was perfectly ok after update and was working fine. Here the problem started. My phone started freezing anonymously. When i open a SMS/E-Mail it freezes. When i Try sending messages in Whats app, it freezes. Every time i have to pull the battery and put it back again. This happened very frequently and on repeated battery pull it started showing "Built-in Media Error". At starting when i hit on Repair it successfully repairs and things get fine. again after some few hours the phone freezes. Again battery pull :-(

Really got tired on doing this every time. After a day, when i pull the battery and rebooted it again showed me the "Built-in Media Error". Now the new problem started here is when i hit or repair it started freezing. Got totally fed up and refered to BB forms. Then i decided to wipe my device. I did a security wipe. It went all blank white screen with no error message. Then i followed the steps given in one of the post. Removed my battery, connected my phone to Desktop manager and successfully updated my phone with a fresh OS. Phone came up. I left for a day, it was fine working. So i uodated my appworld, FB ect and rebooted my Phone. Again the freezing problem and getting stuck in reboot cycle started. Finally decided to downgrade my OS to 7.0. So wiped again using BBSAK and installed 7.0 OS. Now my phone doesnt boot. Gets freezed in the reboot cycle at 80% or 90%. Not even getting in.

Sorry for such a Bigger post.. I am totally frustrated :-( Please anyone help me... I want my phone alive back...... Please HELP!!!

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
curve8530curve8330
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless USA

Re: My Blackberry Torch 9580 is unusable. Please help!!!!

i am having the same problem with mine, bring it to your service provider.

1. If a post has helped you, show your appreciation by clicking Like at the bottom of the message box.
2. If a post has solved your question, please click ''accept as solution'' to verify your question has been solved.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
prabhurk

Is this happening after OS update???

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
kruz_k
My Device: Z10,torch 9860, curve 8520, 8700c
My Carrier: Idea

[ Edited ]

Hi Prabhurk,

Welcome to Blackberry community forums

I had faced this media error in past, did you removed your memory card? Try to change memory card. Sometimes it happens when the memory card was not good,  I faced it until i changed memory card to new one in past.

Follow the installation steps from apploader once again. Please make sure to check ur control panel if you have any other versions of os bundles, delete them and install new update and go thru process 

The link for update :

https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/Downloads/contactFormPreload.do?code=100D9F30CA54B18D14821DC88FEA...

Proudful & loyal Blackberry supporter ..

throwing mud at others makes you happy now but in future you might end up in sinking in mud lake.. wake up b4 it happens. Be secure
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
prabhurk

Hi,

I tried everything again as per the above suggestions. I erased everything using apploader and reinstalled the OS again and it was successful. But it didn't start up. The Reboot cycle got stuck at 70%. I left as it for more than 2 hours, but no further process... It stayed in same position. Am totally helpless... :-(

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
curve8530curve8330

Did you try a hard reset? pull your battery out during the reboot mode, wait 10 seconds, put it back in. this should help, if not let me know, theres a whole list we can go through.

1. If a post has helped you, show your appreciation by clicking Like at the bottom of the message box.
2. If a post has solved your question, please click ''accept as solution'' to verify your question has been solved.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
prabhurk

Done with many battery pull, once it gets stuck in reboot cycle. Also had kept idle for an hour and re-inserted the battery.... Did'nt work, still gets stuck at 70%

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jabberg27
My Device: tour 9630
My Carrier: sprint

My 9850 torch is dong the exact same thing. I cant get the update off of desktop manager either. I tried the hard restart also and nothing. Its still doing the same thing.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
prabhurk

Even tried Factory Reset.. Nothing worked :-(

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
curve8530curve8330

I'm sorry to say, but it sounds like the software overloaded the CPU or something and caused a falure, this could mean the phone is ruined, this is definatly a hardware issue.
Please use plain text.