Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Bella-71
My Device: Blackberry torch 9800

My Blackberry Torch just wont charge - yellow light is flashing and it won`t hold power please help :)

Hi there - my blackberry bold recently died and would not power up but a week later I plugged it into the pc and it came back to life :Yes:

Anyway it just will not hold power, as soon as I try to use it it shuts down and says the battery is drained. The yellow light is flashing all the time that it is trying to charge and the batter status is 0%. I had the battery checked and its fine so I just don`t know what to do.

Please help.......

Thanks.

Bella-71
My Device: Blackberry torch 9800

Re: My Blackberry Torch just wont charge - yellow light is flashing and it won`t hold power please help :)

sorry I put bold in the message but its a torch :smileyhappy:

Bella-71 wrote:

Hi there - my blackberry bold recently died and would not power up but a week later I plugged it into the pc and it came back to life :Yes:

Anyway it just will not hold power, as soon as I try to use it it shuts down and says the battery is drained. The yellow light is flashing all the time that it is trying to charge and the batter status is 0%. I had the battery checked and its fine so I just don`t know what to do.

Please help.......

Thanks.

Super Contributor
f0xx386
My Device: Curve 9360

Re: My Blackberry Torch just wont charge - yellow light is flashing and it won`t hold power please help :)

Hello bella

Try this but it requires patience, understood?

• Take out the battery.
• Now plug the charger to the phone.
• Now while the charger is plugged replace the battery and replace the battery cover.
• Leave the phone to charge atleast 4 hours or so then check it
• If the phone still hasn't powered on, remove the battery and replace it while the charger is still plugged in.
• Continue this procedure until the phone boots up (comes on). When it does check its battery level without removing the charger. If you can do this without it shutting off the it looks good and I'd leave to rest for another 3 hours.

NB: this procedure can take 3 in worst case scenario....hence the remark about patience at the begining. But on the bright side its a cheaper solution than the tech guy in cellular repair shop.

This fix is for serious battery drain.

Regards
F0xx