Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
kirstyjayne
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9860
My Carrier: 0

My Blackberry Torch won't charge properly ... yellow lightening bolt on battery bar and black plug thing on battery bar

Hello.

Everytime i put my phone onto charge the phone doesnt recognise the charger.

It keeps coming up with a yellow flashes lightening bolt and what looks like a black 2 pronged charger, and most of the time it doesnt know the charger is there.

I have to tie a hair bobble around the charger and then wrap it around my phone when i want to charge it, but it never seems to keep the charge for very long.

Also the unlock button keeps sticking and freezing and so does my phone, can anyone help?

Thanks, Kirsty x

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
FrankieS
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: My Blackberry Torch won't charge properly ... yellow lightening bolt on battery bar and black plug thing on battery bar

Hi kirstyjayne,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.

I would suggest testing with different charging cables and charging sources if possible to rule out any issue with the charger you are using. If that doesn't resolve the issue, you may want to test with another battery if possible. If you are able to rule out any issue with the chargers and battery, then the issue would be hardware related. In that case, I would recommend contacting your wireless service provider for other options.

Thanks.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.