Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

ashleylennon12
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: o2

My Blackberry device can't be recognized by O2.

I recently dropped my phone in water, and as a result it wouldn't work (obviously!). I took it to get fixed, and the entire back was replaced. This resulted in me getting a new bbm pin etc. I was told that this would work fine, and that I would still be able to use bbm and my wireless internet (such as bbm, twitter, facebook etc) When I called o2 to have my blackberry services reactivated, they told me that "the device cannot be recognized" Now I'm wondering what else I can do. Is there anything I or o2 can do to fix this problem? Or perhaps the shop that fixed my phone? Any help would be greatly appreciated

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: My Blackberry device can't be recognized by O2.

Hi and Welcome to the Community...and apologies for the delayed reply!

Hopefully you already have this resolved...but just in case.

Sadly, more details are needed. We'd need to understand the reason that "the device cannot be recognized" by the O2 network/system. Normally, they can give a reason -- e.g., the device PIN is already registered to another carrier, the device PIN is reported as lost/stolen, etc. But, with that limited detail from O2, it's truly a useless guessing game right now.

In any event, those are possible reasons...there are others...but no one here can authoritatively tell you more...only the carriers have access to the systems necessary to truly investigate this. They as well can escalate into RIM for enhanced support...end users have no free path to receive any support direct from RIM at all.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.