Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
mhindawy
My Device: Curve 8520

My Contacts are already synced with my email accounts. How do I change that?

Every time I added a contact my phone synced it with one of the email accounts on my Torch 9800. I want this to stop and I want to set my old contacts apart from my emails. How do I do this?

The problem actually increased when my gmail stopped working and when I deleted it and reinstalled it, I lost all the contacts saved on it. I don't want this to happen again.

Retired
FrankieS
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: My Contacts are already synced with my email accounts. How do I change that?

Hi mhindawy,

You can disable the wireless synchronization between your email account and the contacts on your BlackBerry® Torch™ 9800 smartphone by opening the Contacts folder on your BlackBerry® Torch™ smartphone, pressing the Menu key, selecting the contact list with the name of your email account, and unchecking the Wireless Synchronization checkbox. After doing this, any changes you make in your BlackBerry® Torch™ smartphone Contacts will not be synchronized to your email account and vice versa.

Hope this helps.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
mhindawy

Re: My Contacts are already synced with my email accounts. How do I change that?

I went to my contacts folder then options and I found two options: Contacts display and actions which has nothing to do with synchronization and recent activities. Yes, I found at the bottom of the screen something that says contact lists and it lists all my emails on BB but when I clicked any of them it said how many contacts are on this contact list...

Also, if I finally manage to disable synchronization, will this apply to all contacts old and new or to new only?

Thanks, Maha

Retired
FrankieS
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Hi mhindawy,

If you disable wireless synchronization, it will apply for all contacts, including those added in the future. To re-establish wireless contact synchronization, you would need to enable this from your email setup.

When you clicked on each email address under your contacts list, was there a wireless synchronization checkbox for any of them?

Thanks.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
mhindawy

No, there was no check box. Only the number of contacts synchronized.

Thank you for trying to help me...