Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Contributor
eretrey
My Device: torch 9810

My PC doesn't recognize my Torch 9810

My PC doesn't recognize my Torch 9810 when I connect it, the options of "usb, sync or only charge" are not showed in the phone, but seem to be charging. I must to say in the evening the phone dropped from my hands and fell over the sidewalk then in the night when I connected it to the computer, I  found this problem and i realized the mini usb socket is deeper in the phone, but seems to be charging in the pc and in the wall, seems a software issue but I can't do anything because  the BB Desktop doesn't recognize it.
What can i do to fix it? I hope you can help me.
Thank you.

Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: My PC doesn't recognize my Torch 9810

[ Edited ]

If there's something wrong with the USB connector in your phone, there's not much we can do for you here. But first let's see if we can get your phone to connect to BlackBerry Desktop Software.

Have a look at this article : www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10144 .

Let us know if that helps you. :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Contributor
eretrey
My Device: torch 9810

Re: My PC doesn't recognize my Torch 9810

Thank You BillJ for your response,  I tried with my old Torch 9800 and the same problem happened, so I changed the cable and the two phones were recognized for the PC perfectly. It was the cable that it doesn't work, I think this cable is broken because is thinner than the old one.

Now that the pc recognize the phone, please could you tell me how can I fix the you tube app that doesn't play the videos? the torch 9800 plays the videos fine.

Thanks again.