01-13-2013 10:46 AM
i started a security whipe on my torch 9810 but it was taking forever, i did a battery pull and after rebooting it completed the security whipe. However umpon completiong of the security whipe it starts to load and stop 3/4 of the way. i did battery pulls several times but that however did not change anything. can someone help me please
01-13-2013 11:57 AM
01-13-2013 12:16 PM
Are you able to restart your device in safe mode as shown in KB17877?
I assume, since it's caught in a reboot cycle, when you connect to the Desktop Software it doesn't take a stable connection to reinstall your software?
If that is case, remove your battery and keep it out when you connect to the Desktop Software. You will get a pop up that the device can't connect and there should be Retry, Update and Cancel buttons. Select Update and you will then be able to reinstall the current device software version.
When the load is progressing, you will see a step that says "Wait for device initialization". At this point, insert the battery and the reload should complete.
01-13-2013 12:16 PM - edited 01-13-2013 12:17 PM
You may need to revert to wiping the device completely and reloading the OS from scratch. Here are some instructions.
1. First locate your carrier and the OS file you wish to use.
2. Download the OS file from step 1 to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.
3. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml." Also check the following locations for vendor.xml files and delete any instances of the file:
On Windows Vista/7 navigate to C:\Users\YOUR_USER\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML (Where "YOUR_USER" is your username)
On Windows XP navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR_USER\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML (Where "YOUR_USER" is your username)
4. Use BBSAK from BBSAK.org and wipe the device then after you get the error 507 (no OS installed) then proceed to next step.
5. Plug in BlackBerry and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader
01-13-2013 12:25 PM