Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
vboi
My Device: BB Torch 9860

My Torch 9860 wont turn on and the red light keeps flashing on and off

Last night i switched my BB Torch 9860 off and this morning when i woke up to turn it back on it wont switch on and the red light keeps coming on and off and it wont do anything. can anyone help me with what to do.

As i purchased the phone in october last year on ebay i have been told my optus they can not send it away with a proof of purchase or warrenty i purchased the phone brand new. Im really desperate to have this fixed PLEASE PLEASE HELP

Developer
thett
My Device: Red 10

Re: My Torch 9860 wont turn on and the red light keeps flashing on and off

You might catch BRICKED case.

My 9860 dead 3 weeks ago. Same symptoms.

Why RIM never hear/answer these desperate question?

Contributor
Audi42LV8
My Device: BlackBerry 9810

Same here. Except this was on a 9810. Woke up one morning with it not wanting to turn on. I tried literally everything and nothing worked. Here is what I did, I sent the **bleep** phone back and waiting on a replacement. I have BlackBerry Protect and sent a command to format the phone if they get it started so my personal stuff is erased.

I havent been able to contact BlackBerry because I just ended up sending it back and I got a replacement on the way from the place I got it from.

New Contributor
vboi

thanks for your reply is so ****bleeped me off** as well it has gone back to the shop this afternoon hopefully this wont take too long as im hating this cheapy i have atm
New Contributor
vboi

what is BRICKED case is this some kind of BB STI
Contributor
Audi42LV8

Look up how to start the phone in safe mode if that even works. Otherwise, same situtation. Im using a old crapy Nokia phone till I get mine in a day or so. Ahh, and the thing is there are no BlackBerry techs to answer these and hopefully send out an update

New Contributor
vboi

when i get it back so long to it, im going to sell the ****beep** thing and go back to Nokia or get iphone
Contributor
Audi42LV8

Thats sad, they lost two customers and they don't even look into it. No updates, no support.. I'm on T-Mobile with no iPhone option, so sucks for me.

Contributor
causeforconcern
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9800

This happened to my phone. It eventually turned back on but only for an hour or so. It kept doing this until it took a matter of days to turn back on. I sent it away for repair. Apparently its happening to a lot of blackberrys due to a software issue. Neither vodafone repairs or blackberry repairs could fix my phone, I had to be sent a replacement. This was 2 months ago, I've only just got my new phone because so many have this issue...
New Contributor
ppc1991
My Device: 9860

Same thing!!!

RIM!?