Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Contributor
Audi42LV8
My Device: BlackBerry 9810

Re: My Torch 9860 wont turn on and the red light keeps flashing on and off

Yeah no they aren't doing jack $H!T about it. So I sold it, and never buying BB again. Will tell everyone not to buy one. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Audi42LV8

No wonder RIM is going bankrupt. Well deserved. No customer service, **bleep** products.. what did they expect?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Gixersan
My Device: Torch 9860

What I find incredible, if you do a search under BB own support page,it gives you nothing.

Are they hoping if they ignore it, then the problems will go away?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mikejduk
My Device: Storm 9500

Really sorry to learn of your fault because I had exactly the same with my BB phone. Fortunately it was within 7 days of my setting up the contract with O2 and they exchanged it for another.  However, this was the 2nd phone in a fortnight I had gotten from them.  The 1st one developed a line across the screen and it wasn't a crack.  I was told at the shop they must have received a bad batch as they tried another battery in mine and the red light no action continued.

I think you have to be a BB fan, as I am, to want to keep the faith.  A more forthcoming o2 advisor told me they have had numerous problems with BB phones as they were forever going wrong.  Just maybe this is why RIM are concentrating their efforts on the corporate market.  Can't see them succeeding if they're unable to get it right with the individual service.

The only safeguard I can recommend if you really want to continue using BB phones is to get insurance covering parts and labour.  Oh, and keep a spare phone to slip your sim into whilst yours is away being repaired, should it break down.  All the best.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mlpvolt
My Device: Torch 9860

I had the same trouble - try different chargers or plugging it into a computer. I think the phone gets confused and won't accept a charge.
Please use plain text.
maddie_torrington
My Device: blackberry torch 9800

Exact same here -_-

*beeping* piece of *beep*!!!!!!!!!

i wont frigging work, at all,,,

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kalvoo
My Device: blackberry torch 9810

Rim can never respond to this issue my torch 9810 did the same, luckily it was still under warranty they couldnt fix it, i was given a replacement.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Audi42LV8

Solution: Sell it and buy an iPhone. I sold it and went to Windows HD7 and love it. Now I understand most of you use all those features so its best to go with 9900 at this point. BlackBerry has discontinued support and developement for the 9860. So get rid of them!

Please use plain text.
Hevnsent
My Device: Torch

This was tried repeatedly, and no, it is NOT a battery issue, this I am sure of because I exchanged the battery from my phones into my husbands to see if this was the initial problem. 

A solution that does not feel like old school nintendo cheat codes would be extremely helpful.

Please use plain text.
Hevnsent
My Device: Torch

It is not a battery issue. I know this for a fact. I put the fully charged battery from my phone into my red light flashing husbands phone and still nothing

Please use plain text.