05-23-2012 06:32 AM
Please I need help on what to do my Torch has suddenly started freezing, I have done a battery pull several time for 3 days long and same store I even deleted most of my spplication and installed the Netquin Antivirus and same stor.
It will free and later free itself but this is becomming annoying as I cant do anything with the phone now. Help needed urgently
Solved! Go to Solution.
05-23-2012 10:38 AM
Try a Battery pull please, with the BlackBerry device powered ON, remove the battery 15 seconds and then reinsert the battery to reboot device. This will clear all cache like rebooting a PC. Then try again and see if your problem persists.
What OS are you on? On your device, type in a new message MYVER and a space after to see and report back please.
On device go to Options, Device, Application Management is a great way to see what your apps are doing with your CPU usage on Smartphone. Just slide top bar to CPU and see what is going on. Also touch the CPU menu to see other time variables. I found out that an app was eating away CPU cycles on mine
Disable Compression on media card? go to Options, Device, Storage
using a custom theme? try it for a day the factory default one to rule out your theme
remember the esc key closes most apps, except for GPS and some chat clients. the other apps need to use menu and then exit or close. The farthest key to the right is a home key and does not close any apps per se but will end calls.
05-24-2012 09:03 AM
Thanks pal for trying to assist me and I have done all that but it still remains the same. I think I have an update to perform on my software but it cant go through even when I use my laptop.
My current version is Blackberry 9800 6.0 Bundle 2554 (v188.8.131.526, platform 184.108.40.206) I hope that aids in your assistance to me.
05-24-2012 09:33 AM
Manual device OS upgrade instructions:
1. First locate your carrier and the OS file you wish to use.
2. Do a backup of your device first, using Desktop Manager > Backup. Close Desktop Manager upon completion and unplug BlackBerry. Get DM here http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/
3. Download the OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.
4. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml."
5. This step is not needed unless there is an issue on next steps. Use BBSAK from BBSAK.org and wipe the device (after doing a complete backup) then after you get the error 507 (no OS installed) then proceed to step 6
6. remove internet connection to PC and reboot PC.
7. Plug in BlackBerry and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file was in.
8. if you did Step 5, restore from back up. Follow this KB if needed http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10339
Enjoy the new OS.
05-25-2012 01:46 PM
06-24-2012 04:39 AM
Greetings, Thanks for helping out in previous issues but right now I have a blackberry Torch that does not come on if i insert charger or battery it only blinks the red light and does not come up i have tried reloading the OS as i did in solving mine but it says cannot detect phone. I dont know what to do now. maybe you can also give me your pin and i can add you so that it becomes easier to communicate.