Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
xavptorch
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: My Torch Just Keeps Rebooting

This solution for the Torch - getting into safe mode - worked a treat. I am now up and running again sans the app that started the endless rebooting.

Personally I think I have an o/s issue as I had another newly install app causing the device to reboot each time I tried to use it. This time was much worse as the re-boot loop is not fun to watch first thing in the morning.

Once again - THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Torch is happily running as expected now.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Glad to hear it.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Contributor
boble000
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: tmobile

Hi, I had the3 same problem with this app and also with several others.  The resolution is now quite easy, just connect to the blackberry desk top on your PC and click on reinstall operating system (or similar wording) It sometimes helps to remove the battery at the start of the process and then replace shortly afterwards.  You then have the very boring task (if you have lots of apps, of reinstalling these in your phones "my world", or what ever it is called. You BB ID will know which apps you have previously downloaded. Unfortunately this also includes apps you don't like or want.  Just don't reinstall these and they will remain on your phone as uninstalled.

Please use plain text.
iainbmccalla
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

Hi..

On the crackberry site, (http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101-lecture-12-how-reload-operating-system-nuked-blackberry) I've tried what you have recommended but the Application Loader Wizard comes up with my PIN number and nothing follows as explained. Please help..

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
glemic
My Carrier: Globe Telecom

Hi there.  I'm experiencing the same problem with my nuked Torch.

After following the instructions re:apploader, the connection reads out my PIN rather than USB-PIN: UNKNOWN.  I would greatly appreciate help on the above.  Thanks in advance! 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
glemic
My Carrier: Globe Telecom

Hi there. Try this - http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f489/why-wont-my-os-update-i-deleted-vendor-xml-file-647520/.

I just did it over and over again and it worked.

Hope it helps.
Please use plain text.
anchorman1
My Device: Torch 9900

[ Edited ]

"Hi, I had the3 same problem with this app and also with several others.  The resolution is now quite easy, just connect to the blackberry desk top on your PC and click on reinstall operating system (or similar wording) It sometimes helps to remove the battery at the start of the process and then replace shortly afterwards.  You then have the very boring task (if you have lots of apps, of reinstalling these in your phones "my world", or what ever it is called. You BB ID will know which apps you have previously downloaded. Unfortunately this also includes apps you don't like or want.  Just don't reinstall these and they will remain on your phone as uninstalled."

I tried EVERYTHING but THIS IS THE ONE THAT WORKED!!! Thanks boble000! It was SOOOOOOOO easy.

*Just remember when you try this function a window will come up during the beginning of the process asking "does your device work or not." Make sure to click not working.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
xavptorch

So I got this issue again...

Just upgraded the app world, BBM and BB conference and now the device is in the endless reboot cycle
Have had this happen before but was able to get it into safe mode and fix it.
This time it wont
So I did some research at these two sites but has not helped.
Have downloaded the software for device to reinstall but just not happening
What happen when I ran Application Loader (loader.exe)  I got an message saying that there is no software compatible with the device attached

I have downloaded 4 versions of the software for the Torch 9800 so I am not too sure what is going on.
You got any ideas??

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Device-software-for-BlackBerry/How-To-Reload-Your-Operating-S...
http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101-lecture-12-how-reload-operating-system-nuked-blackberry

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
xavptorch

Hang on
I forgot to delete the vendor.xml

Seem to be reload software now

Sorry !!

Please use plain text.