Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Contributor
kimleclerc
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: My Torch don't stop rebooting

Thanks again !

At the same time I installed the new version of OS .448. The onlything I could find are my BBM contacts and my aplications. But at least I have Protect BlackBerry for the rest.

Forums Veteran I
Boomer56
My Device: BlackBerry 9900

Re: My Torch don't stop rebooting

Yep.  Smart  move, that BlackBerry Protect.  :smileyhappy:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
New Contributor
JonnyKun_
My Device: torch 9860

R.I.P Blackberry torch 9860

Hi, i'm kind of facing the same thing. the problem is, my damned bb isn't turning on. you see, i was downloading an app on App World, and the blackberry froze... i decided to take the battery out (my **bleep** mistake) and insert it back again. this has never happened when i had my blacberry curve 8520. i am so freaking dead because this damned phone is only a day old. ANY HELP?

i live in the philippines. and i really do not know what to do.

-Troubled Teen

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: R.I.P Blackberry torch 9860

Are you able to restart your device in safe mode as shown in KB17877?

I assume, since it's caught in a reboot cycle, when you connect to the Desktop Software it doesn't take a stable connection to reinstall your software?

If that is case, remove your battery and keep it out when you connect to the Desktop Software. You will get a pop up that the device can't connect and there should be Retry, Update and Cancel buttons. Select Update and you will then be able to reinstall the current device software version.

When the load is progressing, you will see a step that says "Wait for device initialization". At this point, insert the battery and the reload should complete.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V