Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
My Device: Torch
Accepted Solution

My Torch just dims

Hello.  My Torch has started to go dim for no reason, perhaps once a day.  All is well if I do a soft reboot or if I remove the battery but that is rather long winded.  I can dimly see what is on the screen when it goes like this but not enough to use the device.  Because a reboot sorts the problem, I cannot see that it is a question of the battery.  Any ideas? My software is up to date, by the way.  Thanks for any help.

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: My Torch just dims

I've found that if a battery pull doesn't do the trick, reloading your OS usually works.  I don't mean loading a new OS but simply reloading your current OS.  Why it works, I don't know but it often does the trick.  So open BlackBerry Desktop Software and reload your OS.

Keep us up to date on your progress.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor

Hello, thank you for such a helpful response.  My only question is how to do this.  I have the desktop software installed and have tried to follow the instructions on the forum but this refers to a "other versions" button on the system which you are supposed to press when the dialog box appears to say that your software is up to date.  Would you happen to know what I might be doing wrong?

New Contributor

Ha!  I have gone back to my carrier and have reloaded the OS so am keeping my fingers crossed that all will now be well.  Thank you for the help.