Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
chethikalahiru
My Device: blackberry torch 9810

My bb 9810 wont turn on or detect by windows.

Hi,

Last morning I charged it and listened to few songs and turned it off. All went OK . But next time when I try to turn it on nothing happened. I tried pulling battery out and reinstalling it. No results.
No display. Not even that red light.

And when I plug it to my computer windows won't detect any device.
I am so confused and I don't know what to do.

What should I do? 
Please advice me........  :smileyfrustrated:

Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: My bb 9810 wont turn on or detect by windows.

Hi chethikalahiru

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

It might be possible that your Battery has completly drained out , Charge it for a few hours or if you can arrange a good fully charged Blackberry battery then try it see if your device reboot.

with a fully charge battery you can try to start your device on safe mode , if it works first think to do is a device backup using desktop software. 

KB17877How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode

If even with a fully charged battery your device does not boot or your device is not detected when you connect with your PC , then you may have to use Application loader to load the OS back on your device.For further help refer to this Knowledge base :

KB10144  : How to force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader

Please try those steps and let us know of your progress, But before trying any of the above please make sure that your battery is fully charged or using an already fully charged battery.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
chethikalahiru

i connected it to power for about a day bot nothing happened. i checked the battery with an electrician. he said the battery is ok and it has the right voltage. that means the battery has to do nothing with this.

i tried using blackberry desktop manager. but it won't detect either.

as i mensioned earlier, the red buld wont light even i connect to power or laptop. 

i guess my phone is completely dead!! 

Elite II
prince2012

Hi chethikalahiru

If your Battery is well enough , then please try the second Knowledge Base I suggested on my first Post KB10144 , If that fails to rcover your device then as a last resort you can try those method to recover your device :

KB27956 How to recover a BlackBerry smartphone from any state

http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/What_to_do_next_if_Jl_Cmder_will_not_connect_and_wipe

Please try those and let us know.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
chethikalahiru

It won't work either :smileysad: it can not detect any device 

I'm sending this to a repair centre. 

I won't buy another bb again. I was a big bb fan and every single bb I bought got broken. 

Again thanks for all support you have given me. I appreciate it soo much. 

Thank you

Elite II
prince2012

Hi chethikalahiru

Sorry to hear that those method are also unable to recover your device , we can't do much if its an hardware issue. I hope a repair shop or your service provider will able to fix that .Let us know of your progress.

Good luck.