Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
My Device: torch 9860
My Carrier: vodafone
Accepted Solution

My bb id doesn't work on my mobile

My battery got drained (it went off automatically) BUT after I charged it and turned it on, it asked for BLACKBERRY ID SIGN IN. I entered my username and password but a message "the username and password provided do not correspond to a valid BlackBerry ID". I was shocked coz I know I entered them right. I entered them again and again but still the same message appears. I opened my email from the laptop and I found that I haven't activated the BlackBerry ID yet (by clicking the link provided). I went to another link and from there I was able to enter the SAME username and password and THEY WORKED! I was able to get another link for the activation and I clicked it as well. Now, my blackberry ID is activated.

I went back to my phone, entered the same username and password, YET THE SAME MESSAGE APPEARS! HELP!!!! I only have 3 more attempts before it will wipe off all my data.

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2582), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: My bb id doesn't work on my mobile

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Up until the end of your post, I thought I understood what was going on...but...

butziya wrote:

I only have 3 more attempts before it will wipe off all my data.

That is not an expected result of failing to enter the BB ID credentials correctly...see this:

• KB24157 BlackBerry ID lockout behavior

So, what I suspect you may be prompted for is not your BB ID credentials, but rather your user-created device lock password...for it indeed would have such an end result if not entered correctly too many (normally 10) times.

So, please do clarify exactly what is going on, for the symptoms you describe simply do not correlate with each other...

Thanks and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Thanks for your reply.. I was also confused when it happened to me. The first time I opened my device after the battery got drained, it immediately asked me to enter the password for my BB ID. The username name was there already and all I need to enter is my password - that is why I am sure that it is asking for my BB ID password, not the device password. 

What confuses me more is that when I enter the same username and password using my laptop, they were accepted. But when I tried it again in my device, it won't accept the password. I tried sign-in / sign-out numerous times using laptop to check if my username at password are working, and YES, they are. But when I try them on my mobile, the same message appears. The number of attempts were also displayed. And by trying again and again (8 attempts alread), I was left of only 2 more attempts before it will wipe out all my data (it displayed 10 attempts only). I was desperate already! It doesnt give any options on how to escape signing-in. The only option I got for me to get out of the sign-in screen is to choose  "sign out" which will wipe out all my data. (In short, ALL will lead to wiping out my entire data).

Out of desperation, I removed the battery and my sim card and put them back again. When I turned it ON again, the sign-in page was gone! Everything went back to normal. 

The question left in my mind right now is that how come my mobile won't accept the password I entered? but when I entered it in my laptop, it was accepted. I am now afraid that this happen will again. Maybe I should have never created my blackberry ID afterall. Can I still deactivate it? 

Hall of Famer II

OK...I see now. I've never actually failed with my BB ID, so I've not had the exact experience you had. Perhaps they've enhanced the security even further...which, when one considers the personal information attached to a BBID, is probably a good thing indeed!

BB ID is actually required since it associates so many things to you and your BB (AppWorld, BIS, etc.), so abandoning it isn't really an option.

The only suspicion I have is this...perhaps you've got a mixture of different characters in your password, and perhaps were not able to properly enter those on the BB keyboard. For instance, if your password is

• ab123

and you enter

• a > b > ALT > 1 > 2 > 3

the actual result will be

• ab1er

You must enter

• a > b > ALT > 1 > ALT > 2 > ALT > 3

in order to wind up with ab123. So, in this example, while on the BB keyboard you think you are typing ab123, you are actually typing ab1er.

Under most circumstances, on your BB, you have the ability to display, in clear text, the password...either as you type your password (you should get just a moment where each character is shown in the clear before it changes to an *) or, in some circumstances, a checkbox to display it. Watch closely the next time and you may see a surprising result. Its possible that some key modifier was stuck or something, resulting in an incorrect entry on the BB keyboard.

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

wait... i just realized, I am not sure if it will wipe off all my data after 10 attempts. Sorry, I guess, out of panic this morning, I assumed that it will wipe off my data - that is why you got confused. Sorry...

Hall of Famer II

OK...so, is it instead acting in accordance with the KB I linked for you in Post 2 above? I'd really like you to confirm that KB if you can...it is an important document, and if it's wrong, I'd like to let RIM know so that they can correct it...

Thanks!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

When I read the KB you sent me, that's the time I realized that I was just "assuming" that after 10 failed attempts of signing in, it will wipe off my data. Yeah, I think lockout will happen, not until I will enter the correct password. I cannot confirm some information in that KB (Lockout counter and Lockout time period) because I haven;t exceeded the 10 attempts yet (I still have 2 left) so I do not know what will happen next.

I think, everything there was correct. 

Hall of Famer II

Ahhh...OK...that makes sense now.

Cheers!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: Smart

Having the exact same issue.  I am in the Philippines, originally phone was bought through AT&T which my plan was through.  When I moved to the Philippines I had the phone unlocked and bout a SIM card and package from SMART here.  Put the SIM in and it worked fine. Only issue I have is I get 2 of every message now for some reason.  However, when I went back to the US I put my AT&T SIM back in, and was unable to use it.  Now back in the Philippines, put the SMART SIM back in, all is well until my battery died the other day.  Now I keeep getting a message to sign in and verify my BB ID, I do, but it says I am unable to log in to my BB ID account.  My username and passwprd oare good as I can log in online on my laptop, but it will not recognized my log in on the moblile unit.  What can be done, very annoying to get the message to verify the bbid every five minutes?

New Contributor

Annoying right? And it made me frustrated also since I know that my username and password are correct, yet, the mobile won't recognize them.

What I did was I pulled out the battery and the sim, and put them back agan. I turned it on and the sign in screen disappeared. I was able to use my mobile again.