Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Developer
thett
My Device: Red 10

My blackberry 9860 bricked. Cannot unbrick with any OS 7.0

Dear all

My blackberry 9860 bricked 10 days ago:

- Cannot turn on

- Red flash light every 10 seconds

- Reboot continuously

I tried many ways: battery pull, bbsak,jlcmder reload OS.... but none took effect.

So unlucky that I don't have any chance to exchange my device. I shipped it from USA and there's no way to send it back.

I heard that OS 7.1 can fix the same problem in 9850, 9930; but when?

Visitor
Rabinlivi
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800

Re: My blackberry 9860 bricked. Cannot unbrick with any OS 7.0

Hi yesterday I downloaded BBM music app for my Blackberry Torch 9800 from Blackberry app store and after it's install the phone asked to be restarted to complete installation and after that my phone keeps doing a permanent re-boot cycle and I cannot get it to stop this.

I took it back to the shop which I bought it and they didn't have a clue and said it would have to be returned to Blackberry in Canada and with me based in the UK and with it being christmas they don't expect me to get my phone back before the end of January...What a bummer they don't even loan you a phone whilst yours is away I had to purchase the cheapest pay and go phone they had just so I could make telephone calls and send messages (boy am I going to miss the internet and emails) .

Rab

Developer
thett
My Device: Red 10

Why you're so silent, RIM?

New Contributor
ppc1991
My Device: 9860

I've got exactly the same problem!!!!

nothing to do!!!

NUKED 9860!!!

????

New Contributor
jtholmer
My Device: Storm 9530

A year ago I purchased an unlocked BB Torch 9860. Last month, after having the device for about a year to the day, I had to do a battery pull which resulted in the device not completing the boot cycle.

I have reached out to RIM via my RIM client contact through my job but got nothing more than "check with your carrier to see what they can do." Well, I already knew the answer to that was "Nothing...!"

I have tried about three times now, all unsuccessfully, to reload software on my own to no avail and today, took it to a cell phone shop that specializes in smartphone repair. After going through a 2 hour process, they also were unable to get the device to complete the boot cycle. 

I'm devastated that I trusted in RIM enough to spend $600 on what is now a fancy paperweight. it does not seem I am able to contact any kind of support through their "contact us" section of the website because I am not an enterprise user and the only outlet there seems to be, is this forum where loyal BB users can get together for a B!#&h session with no real resolution from RIM.

Here is the closest thing I could find to the issue I am experiencing:

"Across the board, users have been calling into their tech support centers complaining that their Bold 9930 or Torch 9850 has literally died... We’ve heard others have had issues with their GSM twins too, the Bold 9900 and Torch 9860. Basically, the devices brick themselves to death with only the red LED light to blink on and off. The devices won’t even properly connect to Desktop Manager in attempt to reload the OS."

http://n4bb.com/rim-report-issue-blackberry-7-hardware-failure/

If anyone has found or heard of any resolution, please let me know...