Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
Shivashok
My Device: Torch 9850
My Carrier: Vikram Singh

My blackberry Torch 9850 not boot

My blackberry 9850 didn't boot it stopped aprox 75 %. i wipe my phone & reinstall os using apploder but mob not boot Please tell me what can i do

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: My blackberry Torch 9850 not boot

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

I recommend that you attempt to boot into Safe Mode:

• KB17877 How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode

It may take you multiple attempts to get the ESC key sequence (press/release/hold) correct, so be patient. When successfully into Safe Mode, see what happens.

If the behavior ceases, then think carefully...what happened just before this behavior started? A new app? An update? A Theme? Something else? Think carefully as the smallest change could be causal...and attempt to undo whatever that was.

But if the behavior continues in Safe Mode, then you may need to consider more drastic actions -- WIPE, OS Reload, BBSAK Wipe/Reload, and the "Bare Bones" OS Reload Process. To prepare, you should be sure that you have a full backup to your PC...please review the Backup link in my auto-sig on this post for instructions.

You may also want to investigate the use of BBSAK (bbsak.org) to perform the wipe it is capable of.

You may also want to try the "Bare Bones OS Reload Procedure" to attempt to narrow down the precise causal item:

1. Load your OS "bare bones"...if anything is optional, do not install it.
  2. If the behavior presents immediately, then try a different OS with step 1
  3. If the behavior does not immediately present, then run for as long as it takes for you to be sure that the behavior will not present.
  4. Add one thing -- no matter how tempting, just one.
  5. If the behavior does not present immediately, then again run for long enough to be sure it will not have the same problem
  6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 until all things are loaded or the behavior presents

When the behavior presents, you know the culprit...the last thing you loaded.

If the behavior does not re-present, then you know that either step 1 or 2 cured it.

If the behavior presents no matter what, then you likely have a hardware level issue for which no amount of OS or software can cure.

You may also need the use of these tricks:

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Shivashok

My blackberry showing white screen

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Shivashok wrote:

My blackberry showing white screen

Yes, OK...that's a little bit more information than you put in your first post. Have you yet tried any that I provided in my reply above? If not, then please do...the advice remains the same, even with your new information.

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Shivashok

hi

i tried according to your advice but it not working

jvm connection fail. my english is not so please dont mind

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

There are so many different methods that I provided to you above, that I cannot tell which one you were using when this happened. Plus, there are several methods above...did you try them all? I understand that your English is not good, but I still need to understand your situation in order to help you. At present, I do not understand.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Shivashok

jvm not connected to my phone

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Yes, you said that already...no need to repeat. But, what you have not done is tell me, in great detail and with perfect accuracy, exactly what process, of the many I provided, you are using.

So, I do not understand your situation...and my not understanding prevents me from providing anything useful to help you. I need to first understand, and then perhaps I can provide something useful. But, since you are not answering my specific questions, my understanding is not improved...so I cannot help.

If you would please try to answer my questions, I might be able to help. But by not answering my questions, you prevent me from helping you.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
chaitanyasagar
My Device: 9850 Torch
My Carrier: Tata Docomo

I have tried everything I understood but still my 9850 gets freezed at 75%, but there is a difference from the issue of Shivashok. The boot screen showing blackberry freezes and remains the same, I don't get a white screen.

When I connect to desktop manager, it shows that my device needs to be repaired, after all the steps of repairing, my phone screen shows getting freezed at 75% and the desktop manager shows "waiting for device" at the second stage "reboot".

I have even tried KB17877, which I could not succeed because my 9850 freezes at 75%

Is there a possibility that I have a hardware issue, if so please guide me through the simplest and best way to get it resolved.

I'm in India and I'm not sure even the Blackberry service centre could help me here because the phone was brought here from US and this is not a model which is released in India.

If I missed something, please respond so that I will provide the missed out information to help me resolve the issue.

Thanks in advance.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Hello,

chaitanyasagar wrote:

I have even tried KB17877, which I could not succeed because my 9850 freezes at 75%

Is there a possibility that I have a hardware issue, if so please guide me through the simplest and best way to get it resolved.

Interesting that you could not get into Safe Mode...but, did you try many times? As I said, the methodology can be quite tricky indeed...one try might not be adequate.

But, if indeed it is a hardware issue, then the only resolution is finding a technician who can work on it...internet distance dealing with hardware issues is rather impossible. But, it's also impossible for me to know the hardware repair options available to you, nor what their restrictions and limitations may be based on your purchase situation. Only they can answer if they will be willing to help you or not. So I suggest you find some local (to you) hardware technicians and see if they will help you.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.