Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
saintbarnabas
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Orange

My screen is blocked how do I unlock it?

My screen is locked how do I unlock it and how do I get my phone off answering machine, please?

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,845
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: My screen is blocked how do I unlock it?

[ Edited ]

The screen lock/unlock button is on the top edge of the device, see the image below.

saintbarnabas wrote:

and how do I get my phone off answering machine, please?

I don't know what you're asking there... can you explain in detail.

And please, on your profile here in the forum, under personal information, please remove 'Julie Rigby' as your carrier, and place the name of your mobile provider there. You might 'carry' the device, but you are not the 'carrier'. :smileywink:

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
saintbarnabas
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Orange

Dear Friend,

Thans so much for replying so quickly.  I have done as you said and amended my carrier details to Orange and as you have gathered my broadband is Orangehome.  On my screen it says, "screen is locked.  Press the lock button to unlock".  Well, I have tried this but it still remains on lock.  Also my husband had to use our landline to get in touch with me because my phone is going straight to answering machine.  Can you help me with this , too please?

Saintbarnabas

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,845
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

ok, so now, Do a simple reboot on the BlackBerry in this manner: With the BlackBerry device POWERED ON, remove the battery for a minute, and then reinsert the battery to reboot. A reboot in this manner is prescribed for most glitches and operating system errors, and you will lose no data on the device doing this.

When your device reboots, it should have the screen unlocked, and perhaps fix the glitch with the screen unlock button, and allow your phone to be answered when it rings...

Do you use a password to unlock your device, normally? Has this screen lock problem occurred in the past, or has it worked correctly in the past?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.