Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
pgphillips
My Device: torch 9810

My torch won't start up

My battery died, when I tried to start up my 9810 after hooking it up to the charger it wont go past 75% on the start-up bar. I tried to start it in safe mode but it does nothing. Is there any way to get it to reset to factory settings? 

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Ronbob
My Device: Playbook 2.1/ Torch9860 OS7.1.0.746
My Carrier: Globe

Re: My torch won't start up

Hello pgpphillips

Welcome to the Community

Sorry to hear what had happened to it. You can try reloading the OS using a Blackberry Desktop Software.

Article ID: KB18998

Ron

...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up :smileyhappy:

Blackberry Battery Saving Tips | Follow me on Twitter

Please use plain text.
lexa
My Device: curve 9220

no no!

it will be heppen due to over charging

that you may not know.

due to over charging the capacity of your battery is finished.

and in the ans torch won't start up...!

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Ronbob
My Device: Playbook 2.1/ Torch9860 OS7.1.0.746
My Carrier: Globe

lexa, I beg to disagree. These phones have Litium batteries and Lithiums are safe to overcharge. :smileyhappy:
...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up :smileyhappy:

Blackberry Battery Saving Tips | Follow me on Twitter

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pgphillips
My Device: torch 9810

I tried the destop reset, it seemed to work, but when the phone started to reboot it got stuck at 75%. I wanted to do the factory reset option but the program wont let me use it. I cant push the button on the popup to start the reboot. Guess the phone is really dead. Thanks for your help though, I will remember it for my next phone.

Please use plain text.