Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
supreet2000
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9800
My Carrier: BMobile (Bhutan)
Accepted Solution

Need Help!!! Please suggest!!!!

I need some expert help in this matter. My friend had gifted me an unloacked AT&T Blackberry Torch 9800, 6.0 Bundle 2647 (v6.0.0.600, Platform 6.6.0.223) (Just upated yesterday). I have been using it fine untill lately i have exprienced this problem. Whenever I put a bit too much pressure on the top slider and push down (to close the slider) the device reboots itself. I really have to be carefull in closing the slider and have to slide it down as slowly and gentely as possible.   Request you to please guide me how can i fix this. I am currently posted in Bhutan and dont have any blackberry shops over here. Please help..  

Supreet Singh

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Need Help!!! Please suggest!!!!

Hello,

From your description, the issue sounds like hardware...there is nothing that can be done at the software level nor at this internet distance about that. It's a pity.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
supreet2000
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9800
My Carrier: BMobile (Bhutan)

Re: Need Help!!! Please suggest!!!!

Hey sdgardne,

Thanks for the reply. I figured out the problem. My torch's battery was loose so whenever i slided down its slider it used to reboot. I have fixed it now.. Thanks again!!!

Supreet

Please use plain text.