Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
adam0071
My Device: BlackBeryy 9810 Torch
My Carrier: AT&T
Accepted Solution

Need Help in unlocking my BlackBerry 9810

I have a BlackBerry Torch 9810 from AT&T. The phone keeps on asking me the PUK code. Please help me to find the PUK code for my 9810 torch. I can't acces anything, not even the menu for my BlackBerry 9810!!!!

Need help to remove the PUK code!!!

I am totally fed up with AT&T as they are robbing me of my money. I need to network unlock my phone from AT&T contract. I need the unlock code as well as the PUK code. If  i dont get the unlockcodes I will have to throw away my BlackBerry 9810 Torch for nothing!!!!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
zamzullivan
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9800
My Carrier: ATT

Re: Need Help in unlocking my BlackBerry 9810

When the error message "ENTER PUK CODE" is shown on the screen of the device:

1. Log into myAT&T
  2. Select Wireless from the myAT&T tab at the top of the page.
  3. Select My Phone/Device

4. Click Unblock SIM Card. 

5. Follow the instructions on the pop-up page.

Unblock SIM Card

1.     Enter the eight-digit PUK code on the phone, then press OK/Yes.

Note: Some Motorola phone users need to enter **05* if "enter PUK" is not already displayed. After entering **05*, enter the eight-digit PUK code and press OK.

2.     Select a new PIN code, then press OK/Yes.

3.     Re-enter the PIN code, then press OK/Yes.

4.     If the codes were entered successfully, the phone is ready for use.

Now you need to get rid of AT&T....

This is also possible by using an unlock code. For BlackBerry is Unlock code is also known as MEP2 code. First you just try to call the AT&T customer service. Give them the IMEI number of your BlackBerry Torch 9810. They will provide you the unlock code (MEP2) for your BlackBerry Torch 9810. But this may not work always. 

Most carriers will give you the unlock code for your BB. Some have policies that vary from having an active account in good-standing (good payment history) to having been a customer for 90 days or more.You can purchase the unlock code from various vendors .Unlock codes are particular to each BlackBerry. They cannot be used from one BB to the next. Do not purchase your unlock code from a friend who has one and says the code was for his BB.Unlock codes can take anywhere from 4 hours to 10 days to obtain.Some BlackBerrys simply can't be unlocked for various reasons: The IMEI number cannot be found in the RIM database, or the device was a pre-release, not-to-be-sold device. 

The best way to unlock your Blackberry is to buy unlock codes from a trusted vendor. Search internet for mobile phone unlocking websites. You will come across a thousand websites who can do this. Choose which ever you like. Do look for price comparisons and the unlocking instructions. Recheck the Model number- Network to which your phone is locked to and the IMEI number before placing an order. If you made any mistakes in these details these people will never give you a refund!! One more thing, before placing an order ask them about the conditions for getting a full refund in the case of a code failure! Think and make a wise decision. I have personally bought the code for my Blackberry 8900 curve from unlock genie.com. It is because they have good reviews on most of the mobile phone forums.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
adam0071
My Device: BlackBeryy 9810 Torch
My Carrier: AT&T

I never thought I would get such a detailed support for my problem.

Thanks zamzulluvan for the awesome reply. I tried the solution that you have posted and everything worked perfectly. 

I think this method works for all other BlackBerry models as well... 

I tried to find the solution in many other unofficial BlackBerry forums...but it did not work...thanks again for the solution...=)

Please use plain text.
johnron
My Device: BlackBerry 9810
My Carrier: AT&T Wireless

Thanks Zam....it worked...I removed AT&T contract and now use Verizon...The reception is much better in my area....

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
adrianclarke
My Device: 9810
My Carrier: airtel

hi,

Excellent services, got my code within flashing moment. on dis site unlock2go.com visit dis site..

thanks...:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
vernon008
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: vodafone

Hi, Very great service, I providing you a link myblackberrycode.com visit this site and i m sure your problem will be solve within few minutes.....thanks

Please use plain text.
Contributor
vernon008

If it is asking for Network MEP Code you can get it easily on any phone phone unlocking website.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
vernon008

If the phone is asking for Network MEP Code then you need to contact a phone unlocking website and if it is asking for password then you can reset it by putting a wrong password 10 time, but it will erase all the data.

Please use plain text.