Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

chandan_tripathy
My Device: 9860

Need Support For BB 9860 In Hyderabad, India

I have a factory unlocked BB 9860 purchased in Canada. Now I am in India and the device has no warranty. The device is giving network issues to me. Whenever I put the SIM card [Airtel or Vodafone], I get full signal [2g or 3g in Automatic mode], but not able to call any body. If somebody tries to call me, then he/she always gets a message, "The mobile is out of coverage area". I have tested the same SIM cards in other mobiles and the problem is not observed. I can feel there is some hardware issue. So I contacted help@blackberry.com to get some help. They provided instructions to follow to confirm whether the issue is hardware issue or software issue. Finally, it was confirmed to be hardware issue. I asked to provide the service center address in Hyderabad, India. They gave the below address:-

Redington India Ltd.

Victoria Castle, 1-8-450/1/1/159, Ground Floor, Plot No.S1&S2, Indian Airlines Employees Housing Colony, Begumpet, Hyderabad - 500 003, Andhra Pradesh. City : Hyderabad.

I went to this address and agreed to pay the amount required for repairing my mobile. But they denied to take my device after checking the IMEI and BBpin. As per them, if a mobile is not distributed by Redington India, then they will not provide support. Now I have no idea what to do to repair my mobile. I don't want to go to unauthorized dealers. Can anyone please help me to resolve my issue?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Need Support For BB 9860 In Hyderabad, India

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Warranty is a tricky thing. When you purchase your device, your specific warranty methods and terms are settled between you and the seller. Those terms govern everything, and from your description, do not allow you to use local (to you) service centers.

From what you describe, I'd recommend you contact the seller (in Canada) and find out from them what you must do to receive warranty support for your device. It is likely that you will have to send it to them.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.