Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

Need help with a video file I renamed - now it will not play

Hi - I need some help.  I was trying to make a copy of a video on my media card.  I changed the file name (not the extension) in windows explorer and now the file will not play.  The BB had automatically named it VID and a series of numbers.  I changed it to an alphabetic name.  When it would not play, I changed it back to the original name and it will still not play - not on the PC or the BB.  Any help is greatly appreciated - this is a video of my kid singing on stage, would be so disappointed to lose it.

THANKS!

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry® 9220 smartphone (EDGE, Wi-Fi) 7.1 Bundle 1137 (v7.1.0.337, Platform 9.50.0.28) Cryptographic Kernel v3.8.7.1 Branding Version: 1.0.99.267j Micro Edition Configuration: CLDC-1.1
My Carrier: Idea Cellular Ltd.

Re: Need help with a video file I renamed - now it will not play

Pls change the file extension to the format in which the file was recorded for eg : .mp4, .3gp, .avi. Check first in which format ur phone records a video file and apply a similar extension do dat fill, revert if any query.