Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
Keewee_777
My Device: Torch - 9810
My Carrier: Telus

Need help with my facebook app on my BB 9810

Hello everyone! I need help because i have been trying to remove the stupid apps from posting on my facebook, more precisely on the NEWS FEED OF MY FACEBOOK APP. Now i did go and block each and every stupid app from my facebook profile on the cpu, and ut did do something as they no longer appear when i log in on my cpu. But, for the love of me they STILL appear on my facebook app and i CANT GET RID OF THEM!!! I went as far as to uninstall and re-install my facebook app thinking it would somehow update itself to my profile settings and remove them, but no success........... Anyone can help me with this?
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
hmthepirate
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Need help with my facebook app on my BB 9810

Hello Keewee_777 and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

If you are referring to apps such as Farmville, Mafia Wars etc you will need to block each application, managed in your Privacy settings.

Log into your Facebook on a computer, go to each application fan page. On the fan page, scroll down and on the left hand side you will see Block Application. Once you block the app ensure it shows up under your Privacy settings in Blocked People and Apps.

Once you have blocked these apps, on your device go into Facebook>Menu>Options and clear the chache. Once done reboot by pulling the battery and check your Facebook news feed once the reboot has completed.

Let me know how you make out.

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Keewee_777
My Device: Torch - 9810
My Carrier: Telus

Thanks for the response!

I must report however that it didnt work. I went on my FB cpu profile and went so far as to click "block all apps", then cleared the cache on my FB mobile app, yet those games post still appear on my wall...

And i should mention that i also go so far as to delete and re-install the app on my cell without success either, so i am really out of ideas as to how to fix this problem! :-s

Please use plain text.
kristhecook
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Koodo

I'm having the same problem and have specifically blocked the apps which are still populating my FB page on the blackberry (why do people want to share this **bleep** with the world??)  I've checked the apps which appeared just today on my blackberry and they each show that I can't access the app in question because I have blocked it.  It does offer me an option to unblock ... lol.  Help would be welcomed!   I have a 9300 Curve - is this still a problem on newer blackberrys?

Please use plain text.