Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Visitor
bb1samson
My Device: Touch 9810

Need some help

New to blackberry from a iphone user.

Was given a Blackberry Torch9810 from company, registered a BB ID with personal email address. Now that I need to change the email address from personal to office under BB ID, seems that the cannot accept. I am having two BB ID now, would like to replace the personal one with office (email address) using options - device - BB ID, after amendment and try to save, message pop up that the email address has being used.......

Next, Just return from a overseas trip, the email that I receive regularly at home country did not appear during the trip. Though I was told BB uses their own network thus need not require data roaming service, can any kind soul advice what is going on?

Thanks in advance for those who assist.

Good Day! 

Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: Need some help

bb1samson wrote:

Was given a Blackberry Torch9810 from company, registered a BB ID with personal email address. Now that I need to change the email address from personal to office under BB ID, seems that the cannot accept. I am having two BB ID now, would like to replace the personal one with office (email address) using options - device - BB ID, after amendment and try to save, message pop up that the email address has being used.......

Hello bb1samson

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

If you know the existing Email and password for your BlackBerry ID , then you can try this KB to change or Update your BlackBerry ID Username or the email :

KB28060How to change or update a BlackBerry ID username on the BlackBerry ID website

Or If it is a corporate device and you're on BES , then your BES admin. can help you in this regard.

bb1samson wrote:

Next, Just return from a overseas trip, the email that I receive regularly at home country did not appear during the trip. Though I was told BB uses their own network thus need not require data roaming service, can any kind soul advice what is going on?

Those data are pushed through our Carrier Server to our device or Carrier partner if you're on a roaming . but not directly from BIS server to our Handheld . Still you need Roaming services in your account to recieve those data if you're away from your Home Network  .

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.