Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
kkaterinabella
My Device: 9800 torch
My Carrier: AT&T

Need to set a custom profile for ONLY my parents!!!

I used to be able to create a custom profile that included who could reach me!!  For instance,many times I turn my phone on Silent and that way no sounds are made unless my alarm goes off. I have other special profiles, but I rarely use them.  I only use the normal, loud, or Silent.  Today, I missed a phone call from my folks.  It was an important call which I would like to have been able to answer.  Later, I remembered that I had been able to create a custom profile before, so I went in to set-up new profile on my phone to allow only calls from my parents and no one else.  There was no place to set this on my phone.  Please can you help me?

Is this an option that was previously on this phone or could it have been on my BB 8520?  If so, why in the world would BB take away a wonderful option and NOT keep it on a newer phone.  It just doesn't make sense!!!   I have been a BB fan for several years and when I first began to get BB phones, they had options that no one else had.  Now they seem to be running behind all the other phones!!!  I am thinking about how soon I will be able to upgrade to a different brand of phone, one that will allow me to do this!!!

If you can help me, even if I need to download an app, I would appreciate it!!!

Thank you,
Kkat

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Raelic
My Device: Bold 9900, Playbook , HS-700 headset
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Need to set a custom profile for ONLY my parents!!!

Hiya!

If you go into select profile at the top left,  then go down to Change Sounds and Alerts. Then Sounds for contacts, you can create a custom profile for a contact, then under the "contact alert settings" select 'phone'.

In here, you will have the ability to change the volume and set 'play sound' to always.

Hope that helps!

-Raelic 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1). Please thank those who help you by clicking the Like Button beside the 'Reply' button.
2). If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution" on the correct post!
3). Remember to have fun! We are all in this together!
4). Follow me on Follow Raelic1337 on Twitter

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kkaterinabella
My Device: 9800 torch
My Carrier: AT&T

Hiya!

If you go into select profile at the top left,  then go down to Change Sounds and Alerts. Then Sounds for contacts, you can create a custom profile for a contact, then under the "contact alert settings" select 'phone'.

In here, you will have the ability to change the volume and set 'play sound' to always.

Hope that helps!

-Raelic

Raelic.

Hi!!! 

I am trying to find a way to select only my parents' numbers (their home phone and their cells) to allow to call me at certain times.  I know that one of my phones allowed me to set this, but my torch 9800 doesn't seem to.  At least so far, I cannot find the settings to do this. 

It will, as you are saying and allow me to set custom ringtones, or even choose to only allow phone calls.  But I really want to be able to set who can reach me.  I may have to look for a download that will allow me to do this. 

Thank you for your reply!!!
Kat

Please use plain text.