Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Visitor
VivekSaxena
My Device: Torch 9860

Need urgent support in India

I am a new user of Blackberry , i just bought it 8 months back BB Torch 9860.

The reason i bought this model only is that it is a premiem and top end model available in India so that it would fullfill my expectation and should work fine in as per my corporate requirement like mails, chatting and also there would be less chance of failure and if at all in there i will get a good support also .

But sorry to say that support i got is very pathetic and very shamefull to Blackberry as a company. Recently my mobile phone stopped charging so i went to service center (Blackberry Authorized Service center : REDINGTON in Delhi INDIA to get it repaired. They replied that this device will go the main center in Banglore and ask for 10 days time and finally one fine day a mail come to me regarding the status of my mobile.  I got a pathitic and blunt mail  from Redington "THAT MY MOBILE PHONE IS NOT COVERED IN WARRANTY AND THIS SET IS UNREPAIRABLE"

Now its is almost 15 days , nobody from REDINGTON is replying back to me on my mail stated that why you are not covering this under warrany and how ocme the set is unrepairable, that means the phone had a manufacturing fault.

Blackberry had outsourced service in India to REDINGTON and the support what REDINGTON is providing is very poor and shamefull . They ( Redington) dont udnerstand this since they are not a mobile company they are only the service provider of Blackberry. So they hardly bother about the services in INDIA.  

Please sugget any contact mail id of senior management in Blackberry and RIM , so that they will also understand quality of services in INDIA and the product malfunctioning.

thanks

Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: Need urgent support in India

If Redington is an authorized BlackBerry repair facility, they would have to adhere to certain standards set forth in their contract with RIM.  If they are saying the device is not covered under warranty, they should provide the details as to why it's not covered.  One example might be that the device has encountered moisture damage. 

If you're not getting the service to which you're entitled, contacting Airtel might be an idea.  Explain the problem to them and ask for resolution.  If they can't resolve your issue, ask to have your issue escalated directly to RIM for resolution.

I hope that helps you.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.