Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Contributor
nevodj
My Device: Torch 9810

Network notification Spam

I received a Network Notification spam from a lotto thing saying my mobile number was selected to get a prize etc.... how would this message have been sent to me? is there a security breach or some problem with my BES? What type of message is this and where did it come from?

Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Network notification Spam

What type of network notification? An email, SMS or other? Can you add more info and then we can try to help.

Regardless though, your BES is clear and there won't be a security breach. More likely that your phone number was entered online somewhere and is now being spammed.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Contributor
nevodj
My Device: Torch 9810

Hello, thank you for your reply.

I dont know if it was an email or sms or what... it came up in a separate window titled 'Network Notification' and it did have a phone number underneath it in brackets.

I just wondered how someone could send this type of message, it is not a normal text.

Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

You're right, that's not a text message or other. I would contact your wireless service provider (Telstra) as it would seem that these types of messages are sent via their network. If they are unable to figure out where it came from on their end, you may want to get a different SIM card.

Hopefully they're able to figure this out for you, but in the meantime, it looks like this has nothing to do with your phone, but rather a problem from the carrier end.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!