Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Contributor
ptdsb
My Device: Z10

New Torch queries

Hello.  I have a new Torch and like it.  I used to have a Storm, which I was pleased with too.  I know it was criticised but I was very impressed by the all the functions it could do rather than the minor things that it couldn't. 

Just a few queries with the Torch:

1.  Not that it matters, but when it's locked it doesn't show the user information etc I've typed in and saved.

2.  When texting on the tap screen, should it capitalise (sic) a letter when it's held down?  Mine doesn't and I think the Storm did.

3.  When making  a phone call, how can you stop the backlight dimming?  It's useful generally and saves the battery but it's a pain when phoning if you want to use to use the keypad to respond to automated messages etc.

4.  It seems difficult to get the right convenience button to work and I'm needing to press hard (as they say).

5.  I'm not convinced the volume control on the top right turns the volume up as loud as the Storm used to.

That's about it.  Thanks.  David