Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
My Device: BB Torch 9810
My Carrier: att

New icon ...

I have a new icon that popped up on my Torch 9810 that I got a couple of weeks ago.

Its in a row with 4 app updates (that I still haven't figured out how to delete, 1 voice mail just came in 4 FB posts and then there is this NEW black shield with a red circle and white asterik in it?

Can anyone help?

Thanks and be kind ... this is my first post.

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: New icon ...

I promise I'll be kind.  Smiley Happy

The black shield is probably a message relating to BlackBerry Protect.  Any message you ever receive should be viewable by using this method:  From your homescreen, open your Messages icon.  Once there, press the menu key and select View Folder.  If you scroll through each folder, you should find any messages that appear on your Notifications Bar if you can't find the messages anywhere else.

I hope I was kind enough to you and I hope I've helped you.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor

You were very kind ... and helpful ... except my messages folder is hid and I don't know how to find it?

And, as long as I'm asking quesitons ... today for the first time, when I touch my calendar, it doesn't launch. I have turned off, taken out battery and sim and replaced and still nothin ...

Appreciate the help ....

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

OK, you've probably hidden your Messages folder.  While on your homescreen, press the menu key and select Show All or Unhide All.  That will bring your Messages icon back.

To get your calendar to launch, try a battery pull.  With your phone powered on, remove your battery then replace it.

Let us know if that helps you.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor

YES - found the messages folder and you were right. It was protection and not available with the enterprise server. Done ...

Not so much with the calendar ... I left it on, took out battery and pur it back in and my calendare still isn't working?

Any other suggestions?