Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
emptybyempty
My Device: Torch

New to the forums, dont know if anyone will help me...My blackberry was wiped out, I have no backup, and the phone overall doesn't work. What do I do?

I dont think anyone will help me on here, but incase someones reading, a friend tried getting into my phone, I wasn't watching, I didn't know it would get wiped out. After 10 tries, a little time clock appeared and then it said it was wiping. I didn't know how to stop it. I'm new to blackberry and the torch is my first blackberry phone. I turned on the phone, and everything was lost (contacts, texts, photos, etc). I don't have a computer backup. I feel like crying. I have a feeling I can't get it back and, okay, I'll manually do my contacts and take some new pictures, lol. But how do I get the phone to working order, so my # is still the same and my phone rings when it's called or beeps when I'm texted?
Anyone, please help me?
I've tried calling technical support, they asked for a beta number, I don't have one, at least I don't think I do, I wouldn't know where it is.
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,957
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: New to the forums, dont know if anyone will help me...My blackberry was wiped out, I have no backup, and the phone overall doesn't work. What do I do?

Greetings and welcome to the support forums.

emptybyempty wrote:
I dont think anyone will help me on here, but incase someones reading,.

Why do you say that? Thousands of people each week find help around here.

Your friend was very clearly warned before the 10th try that upon entering an incorrect password again that the device would wipe itself. You have to wonder what kind of friend would intentionally do that to you. But, that is not the question here.

Have you EVER upgraded your Blackberry using the PC? If so, there's a chance you have a backup on your PC. Search your entire PC for any *.ipd file, any file ending in "ipd", usually stored in the "My Documents" folder. Please check and see.

If so, you've got a backup at least as up to date as that date, even if you never intentionally made a backup.

Let us know.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jamead1981
My Device: Z10

Re: New to the forums, dont know if anyone will help me...My blackberry was wiped out, I have no backup, and the phone overall doesn't work. What do I do?

When he typed the password in wrong for the 10th time it would have wiped the phone back to how you received it, so you'll just need to go back through the process of setting the ring tones up how you had them before.The number tied to the phone should be the same as this would not be wiped.

If you log into the email setup on the phone or your carriers BIS website, under Help there is an option to resend the service books which will setup the email on your phone again.

Some web carriers like Google offer Contact Sync which might benefit you in future as your contacts are sync'd with your web account.

Biggest bit of advice though... make sure you take regular full backups of your phone!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
emptybyempty

I saw so many 0 replies, I was worried. But thank you for so much replying and for your help. :]

No, no. My friend really didn't know what she was doing. It was my best friend, actually, even more of a moron to blackberry's than I am. I honestly didn't even know what wipe really meant until it happened--I just knew it wasn't anything good.

I never did upgrade my blackberry. As I said, I really was ill-informed about the phone (my fault). Didn't think to back up my files or anything. The phone and the computer never were connected either.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
emptybyempty

Thank you for your advice!

I have another question tho, if either of you could answer: Will this harm my bill, do I need to contact anyone about it? Should I try to get in contact with AT&T or Blackberry somehow and let them know about my situation? I called my home phone from my blackberry and it appeared as the same number but instead of saying my name (the phone is in my name and my name usually appears) it just said "cell phone xxx-xxxx). Idk if that means anything. Also when the phone started up after the wipe, it said that my phone was registered with the bb service. The same thing happened when I first got the phone.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Celoria
My Device: Torch 9800

Wiping your BlackBerry device will cause no harm to your plan or billing.  You can just concentrate on getting the BlackBerry set up again with your contacts and your settings.

Oh, and if it makes you feel better at all, one of the things we can do to fix some kinds of problems is actually wipe our devices (hehe)

As for the caller ID on your home phone, I'm not quite sure...

Please use plain text.
JSanders

Yep, just treat your BalckBerry now, as if it were brand new. Enter your contacts, etc., again.

You can simply do a reboot to get your email  and all set backup. (With the BlackBerry device POWERED ON, remove the battery for a minute, and then reinsert the battery to reboot. A reboot in this manner is prescirbed for most gltiches and operating system errors, and you will lose no data on the device doing this.)

As for your friend.. .the part he/she ignore that said "WARNING" should have been a, well, warning.

Good luck.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
JSanders

Oh, and since you got help from two people here, within minutes of posting.. perhaps you should rethink your "predictions" in the future.

Good luck.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.