Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
KayBrown
My Device: Torch 9800

No BB icon next to 3G sign

We have bought a blackberry torch 9800 from ebay and seem to be having device issues. After contact our provider on numerous occasions to no avail we are unable to get the BB symbol in the top right hand corner of the screen which should be next to the 3G sign - to clarify we have tried another BB device and it works fine. Is there anything we can do as this is driving my wife crazy. the version of the phone is 4.0 if that helps. Thanks

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: No BB icon next to 3G sign

On the handset, go to:

For OS5 and 4.x
Options - Advanced Options - Host Routing Table
and click Register now, and escape back to the home page.

For OS6 and higher
in options, device , advanced, host routing table, click on menu and choose register now.

Wait 2 minutes and see if registration to network happens.

Resend your service books from your carrier BIS site:
From your handheld device: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB15402

Go to the Personal Email Set Up icon and log in. Then under Help!, select Service Books, then select Send service Books.

From your desktop PC: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB02830
North American Carriers
- scroll down to select your carrier
WorldWide Carriers - Find your carrier on the list

3. With the BlackBerry device powered ON, remove the battery a few seconds and then reinsert the battery to reboot. This reboot, even if you have already done this, is often needed to install the service books.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
KayBrown

there is no advanced options to select???

New Contributor
KayBrown

i have gone into my setup opyion on my phone and clicked on Email Accounts and it says "no accounts active"at the bottom of the screen it asks for an email address which i have placed in and then when it comes to my activation password< im not sure of that one? then the option is to active so unable to do any of this???

Forums Veteran III
Wolf359
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Oh, verify with the carrier that you have the correct blackberry data plan attached to that phone and it can be used on their network.  It may not be fully compatible.  The phone in question may be programmed on a different frequency if it originated from another carrier.