Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Telus

No Device Connection

I have recently installed the newest version of Blackberry Desktop Manager 7.1.0.32 and have followed all of the requested restarts of my very reliable windows 7 64 bit desktop computer that by the way has never let me down with any other connected device! and when i open up the BB desktop manager and connect my Blackberry Torch (which i performed a battery pull to make sure it wasnt an issue) to a known good USB port using the BB supplied cord! i am unable to get this software to recognize this Phone is even connected! please Help!

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: No Device Connection

Hey johnroworth,

Welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

This issue may be related to the following article:

BlackBerry® Desktop Manager may display "Device connected none" on some Microsoft Windows® 7 64-bit computers

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB20598

Also see the following article on how to check if a Windows®  system is detecting a USB connected BlackBerry® smartphone http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB28440

Thanks.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Telus

I have gone through the whole list of fixes for this and all Bios are up to date! my computer is newer and more up to date than the Blackberry Torch 9800 that my company gave me to use! could that be a problem!? maybe i need to install older RIM software to get this Blackberry to be recognized by their own Desktop Manager? my computer does recognize the Blackberry 9800 is pluged int any USB port and will sync any music or documents that is on the phone as Ive checked!  What next? is RIM have a problem comunicating with modern 64 bit computers?

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Rotary Phone