Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
hanrahan
My Device: Not Specified

No Wi-Fi video - 3G works

Since I made this update, I have noticed that I can not view videos over a Wi-Fi connection. m.youtube for example, just shows the "buffering" screen indefinitely.  I see the double arrows at the top of the screen indicating that I am receiving data, but the video never starts. 

OS version: 9800/6.0.0.337

If I switch to 3g, and reload the link to the video, everything works fine.  I know people usually have the opposite issue, but I have checked and re-checked (used other wi-fi connections) and am 100% certain the 3g works but the wi-fi doesn't. 

All other wi-fi traffic works as expected which confims that it isn't the wi-fi connection.

Is there a setting I am missing, or could this be the update?

Thanks in advance.

Super Contributor
Spy520
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: No Wi-Fi video - 3G works

It maybe a Youtube problem, because it was working on the same os with me 2 days ago normally,

So just try again after a couple of hours.

Also to let you know 3g shouldn't carry data, unless you ment 3G with the 4 BB dots!
New Contributor
hanrahan
My Device: Not Specified

Thanks. The 4 Blackberry dots are there along with the 3G.

Youtube was just an example; this happens on any video streaming site (xhtml or html5). I have tried other sites as well as other wi-fi connections with no luck.

I may dowgrade to a previous os version to see if that has any affect, but wanted to get an expert opinion first. It's so strange that 3G works but Wi-Fi doesn't.

Any more help will be appreciated.
jlopez70
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800

I'm experiencing a similar problem.. with 3G + BB youtube runs great from installed application, but when attemted to run from wi-fi (wi-fi + bb also) shows a message stating that is out of range from wi fi conection pops, even if I'm close to wireless modem.... Vimeo works great, thus is not related to video playing but to youtube connection. Even if i try youtube mobile it fails to connect.

Any idea?