Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
raufikat
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: MTN Nigeria

No longer receive emails, all email icons gone!

Hi all, how are you?

I noticed 4 days ago that I stopped receiving emails from the 4 accounts I had set up on my Blackberry Torch 9800 (one official, 2 yahoo, 1 gmail). I could see the icons and send test emails but I wouldn't receive them on my phone. If I checked on a PC I would see the test email in my inbox, laughing at me. Here are the steps I've taken:

1. A Google search of the problem said to resend service books, which I did from the phone. No change.

2. Another Google search said to delete the CMIME and CICAL service books, re-add the emails and resend service books (from the phone). Now the email icons are all gone except the work one, even after re-adding all the addresses. The test emails I sent from the work email are sent, but I don't see them in either sent items or the inbox on a PC. In the setup screen, it says "Email accounts (1)" but when I open it, all 4 accounts I added are showing. I have also resent the service books for all the emails several times. Sometimes the message is "Successful", sometimes it says that it could not complete the request. I also noticed that the CICAL and CMIME service books did not come back for any of the accounts.

Of course all these steps are generously peppered with battery pulls.

My phone has also become sluggish and laggy, which it wasn't before.

Please can anyone help with this?

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
hatchback
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: No longer receive emails, all email icons gone!

Hey raufikat,

Welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

If the service books are not updating successfully there may be an issue with your account/BlackBerry data services. I would suggest contacting your service provider for further investigation. If they are unable to resolve the issue request to have this issue escalated to BlackBerry Technical support for further trouble shooting.

Let us know if you have any question.

Thanks.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
raufikat
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: MTN Nigeria

Re: No longer receive emails, all email icons gone!

Hi Hatchback,

Thanks so much for your response.

I went to my service provider, I was advised to get a new phone :womanmad: ...with a response like that I doubt they would be interested in escalating my problem anywhere. Is there anyway I can do it myself?

Have a lovely day.

Please use plain text.