Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
dustmonkey
My Device: Torch - 9800

No one can hear me on a call!

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I have had my torch for less than 12 months.  a month ago the screen went black, so i sent it off to be fixed.I got it back on friday, it seemed fine but ever since, when I'm on the phone, I can hear the person I'm talking to fine, but they can only hear me if I shout.. like i'm holding the phone far away from my mouth. its not on mute, the call volume is on maximum and the software is the newest available.

is there anything I can do? 

I dont want to send it back and have to wait another month. I'm on a contract and I'm paying for a phone I cant use...

Thanks,

Michael

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
b1gbleu
My Device: BB z10

Re: No one can hear me on a call!

if you use the telenav voice recognition, does your voice show on the vu meter?  Do you have a bluetooth headset or wired mic w/ headphones?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dustmonkey

I dont have the telenav thing...

and I also dont have a bluetooth headset or headphone mic

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
b1gbleu

what about vlingo? appworld has apps to download there

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dustmonkey

I installed vlingo and it seems to be working fine, I did a couple of test searches and they worked..

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
b1gbleu

google "blackberry microphone settings" , lots of results

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dustmonkey

hey, thanks for the reply  :smileyhappy:

I tried it, found results on how to change the in-call settings.  but when I went to do so, it said my default call volume was already at 100%

any ideas on what to do next?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dustmonkey

hi,

the problem with my phone is still there... anyone have any ideas?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ddmariani
My Device: Torch 9810

I'm having the same issue, none can hear me but I can hear them. I can only hear my own voice echo. When using a Bluetooth device or the hands-free they can hear me perfectly. I have wiped the OS and installed new versions and then old ones but the problem still there. The phone I've got is an unlocked model from AT&T and I'm using it in Argentina (Claro). I don't know what to do the mic seems to work fine, I recorded a video and the sound is good, so I think it may be a software issue. Now it has OS v7.1 Bundle 1997.

Please help me on this issue!!! Thank you.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ddmariani
My Device: Torch 9810

I'm having the same issue, none can hear me but I can hear them. I can only hear my own voice echo. When using a Bluetooth device or the hands-free they can hear me perfectly. I have wiped the OS and installed new versions and then old ones but the problem still there. The phone I've got is an unlocked model from AT&T and I'm using it in Argentina (Claro). I don't know what to do:smileysad:  the mic seems to work fine, I recorded a video and the sound is good, so I think it may be a software issue. Now it has OS v7.1 Bundle 1997. (9810M_v7.1.0.569_P5.1.0.415)

Please help me on this issue!!! Thank you.

Please use plain text.