Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: No one's a bigger proponent for this than me--BUT...

Cool! I'm glad I was able to help a little.

BTW -- don't forget to actually mark the thread as solved...

And, while you are at it, some kudo's are never denied!! :smileytongue:

Cheers and enjoy!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
etcbbu
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

-_-'

Ok, I spoke too soon. I'm now having yet another problem. And the only reason I don't make a new topic is it's because of the battery-pulls I just did that caused this problem:

So I did the battery-pull a while ago. I left it sitting out of the phone for a good thirty minutes at least. Then, put the battery back in, cranked on the phone, and it looks like it loaded all right and everything. But no BUTTONS worked--not the green or red button, nor the menu, lock, or back buttons. The trackpad didn't work either. I could slide my screen up and use the touchscreen to select things, but none of the buttons were working or anything.

Thought it was odd, so shut the phone off, removed the battery again. Left it out for about ten minutes, put it back in, let the phone reboot, and it started up fine yet again, and it let me use my buttons this time....before I put my OtterBox case back on..

So when that second battery=pull happened, and I put the battery back in, I was zooming around, checking everything and whatnot, and it was at that time I posted that last post ^ .

Then I pick my phone up in a couple of minutes, and now buttons are not working again. I can slide my phone up and down, which causes the screen to "come on", and then use the screen to slide around, and even pick things. But, no trackpad, no red button, no green button, no menu button, no lock button are working...

...could it possibly have anything to do with how I am putting on my CASE??? It seems like my case may be causing it to happen, as I was using the buttons before I re-put my case back on, that second time I put the battery back in and the buttons were working at first. That is, it seems like, after I put my OtterBox case on, it somehow affected the buttons, as ODD as that seems..?

I promise I am not making this up, I just want my phone to work.

--etcbbu

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

etcbbu wrote:

Thought it was odd, so shut the phone off, removed the battery again.

Bingo...that's not the proper way. Leave power ON and pull the battery.

Yes, your case could be causing things. If it's squeezing the BB case too much, it could cause things to go physically awry inside.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
etcbbu
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

Ah, I'm sorry--I knew I should not have said "shut the power off, removed the battery"--cuz I didn't, I actually just yanked it, I didn't realy shut it off first. But hey, thank you! I didn't know there was a difference, haha! I'll make sure I'll leave it on when I do it from now on! That's definitely counterintuitive to most other computer systems that like you to do a software "shut down" first. Thanks.

Ok, yep, just took the case off and tried it, and buttons are fine...it definitely is the case...how in the world ELSE am I suppoesd to put the blasted thing on..? I'll just have to fool with it, or else take it up to the guys that inititally put it on for me and show me how to finesse it on there.

Ok, *returns kudos and marks solution-solved post*

^_^

Thank you, sdgardne.

Repeat it again: rock on BlackBerry, rock on Rim, and rock on sdgardne~

Please use plain text.