Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Contributor
Hazenp
My Device: blackberry torch 9800

No service currently available....

when i try and phone out it says no service currently available.... i found this phone but the imei number is not blacked 

Contributor
Hazenp

Re: No service currently available....

blocked*

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Hello,

You need to talk to O2.

But, you say you "found this phone"...does that mean you literally found it lying around somewhere, have picked it up, and are keeping it for yourself? Ethically speaking, should you not turn it into the authorities so that perhaps the rightful owner can retrieve it?

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Developer
moniko17
My Device: Javelin 8900

maybe your blackberry doesnt support in your country, because it depends on service provider
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

moniko17 wrote:
maybe your blackberry doesnt support in your country, because it depends on service provider

If you would take just a moment to research before providing information that is not helpful, you could perhaps be giving much better information to the kind folks who have come here seeking useful help. For instance, if you research, you will discover that ALL O2 carriers in the world support the model that the OP has stated they have -- a 9800.

Please try to self-moderate your posts...many of us who volunteer here regularly are finding entirely too much need to correct the posts you have been making. This is taking time away from those who do come here seeking actual help and support for their needs.

Thank you.

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
Hazenp

Yes.... i found it & no i wont be handing it in because when i lost my BB 8520 noboady handed it in

Contributor
Hazenp

Im on 02... my simcard works in my other phone & i can get on the internet & use BBM

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Hazenp wrote:

Yes.... i found it & no i wont be handing it in because when i lost my BB 8520 noboady handed it in

So, one bad turn deserves another? An eye for an eye? But, realize that the person who lost the BB you have found is most likely NOT the same person who found your BB (if indeed yours was ever found...you have no way to know that for sure). So you choose to punish the innocent person now in return for the different person who you assume to be guilty in your case?

I disagree with your ethics and moral judgment in this matter, and will help you no further.

Good luck.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
Hazenp

either way its a win win situation....
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Really? For the person who's BB you now have and are choosing to steal (yes...found property not returned is indeed stealing)? How do they "win"?

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates