Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: No service currently available....

And, in my opinion, there is also a huge difference between finding and just keeping...and finding and making an honest attempt to find the rightful owner.

In the country I live in, the process is to return the item to the authorities, who hold it for some specified amount of time. If it is not claimed within that time period, then I would be within my legal rights to keep the item, and the authorities would give it to me (since they have record of my turning it in to them). But, If I make no effort whatsoever to follow any process of seeking out the rightful owner, then I (legally, in my country) am indeed guilty to the equivalent of stealing.

We disagree on this in it's entirety...and you have now fully demonstrated that we shall never even come close to any amicable agreement. And I for one can live with myself on that point just fine.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Hazenp
My Device: blackberry torch 9800
My Carrier: 02

Does anyone know how to downgrade the software I have? maybe that will work... & also my mobile voice is not connected...?
Please use plain text.
Visitor
crabtree88
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: 447912662782

Hi, sorry about this i am kinda new to all this. anyway to the point. i have a blackberry curve 9360 that i lost a while back (or thought i had lost it) but have now found again whilst moving house. i have put an O2 sim card in it (the phone is unlocked to any carrier) and i can get on the internet but not call or text it comes up with no service currently unavailable. i did report this phone lost to my insurance as i genuinly thought i had lost it. but i have checked if the IMEI number is blocked and its not....any help would be greatly appreaciated as although not the best BB is a good little handeld i would like to use again.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

crabtree88 wrote:

Hi, sorry about this i am kinda new to all this. anyway to the point. i have a blackberry curve 9360 that i lost a while back (or thought i had lost it) but have now found again whilst moving house. i have put an O2 sim card in it (the phone is unlocked to any carrier) and i can get on the internet but not call or text it comes up with no service currently unavailable. i did report this phone lost to my insurance as i genuinly thought i had lost it. but i have checked if the IMEI number is blocked and its not....any help would be greatly appreaciated as although not the best BB is a good little handeld i would like to use again.

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Any BB can be used on any carrier that runs the same radio frequencies that the BB is capable of (and I've no idea if your's are such...you must check into this). But, to bring a BB onto a carrier network that they did not sell to you, there are several hurdles to cross:

1) The carrier must say "yes" to the fact...they own their network and have every right to say what devices will be allowed to connect to it. If they say "no", then that's the end of it.

2) You must be sure that your BB is properly unlocked from it's originally manufactured-for carrier...see this helpful thread for details:

3) You must get all of your voice level services functioning on the carrier, before you even try anything about data

4) You must subscribe, from the carrier, to an adequate data plan to enable the BB-proprietary services you desire

5a) If the carrier directly supports your specific model BB, then you can proceed with registering the BB onto their network, generating the proper Service Book delivery to your BB, and proceeding to function.

5b) But, if the carrier does not directly support your specific model number of BB, then the challenges are much greater as most carrier systems will not deliver, to the BB, the necessary service books to enable the BB-proprietary data services, even if you do subscribe to them.

So, depending on all of that, your BB may or may not ever fully function on that carrier network. It can be quite tricky to accomplish, especially if 5b applies. So take a look at all of that and decide how you wish to proceed. Most folks wind up just buying a new BB if 5b applies.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
stopher_malik
My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: Cell C

Hi, I'm 100% sure your phone is blacklisted. I had the
same problem with my phone. I could use
bbm,internet,whatsapp and etc...but I could not make or
receive calls and sms's. Whenever I tried to check my
balance I got the same error message. And whenever I
tried to make a normal voice call,I got the "NO
SERVICE CURRENTLY AVAILABLE" , I contacted
blackberry via twitter @blackberryhelp , they couldn't
tell me what was wrong,they even told me that my
phone was not blacklisted according to their records, I
called my carrier,they also fed me with lies. I took the
matter to the local police and then I found out that my
phone was blacklisted by my previous carrier. So that's
it, that error simpy means you have a blacklisted
phone,check with your current and previous carrier.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Hazenp
My Device: blackberry torch 9800
My Carrier: 02

Win win situation for me.. I sold the phone.
Calm down who are you to tell me what I should of done? Goodbye you **bleep**
Please use plain text.