If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
shivam_chodankar
My Device: BB torch 9860
My Carrier: Vodafone
Accepted Solution

No sound

I bought BB torch 9860 eight months ago,  the phone was working fine until a day before when i noticed there aint any sound while i have an incoming call or when i play media. I can make and receive calls, connect through the internet etc and all other functions with my device.

Please advice  

Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: No sound

Try this -

When you device is POWERED ON, remove the battery for a minute, and then reinsert the battery. This make a reboot to your device which resolves minor issues with the BlackBerry device.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hi shivam_chodankar

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

If a battery pull restart as suggested by Tanzim fails then the next option is to  run a self test to rule out any hardware issue : For that On your homescreen Go to Options > Device > Device and status > On the Status screen, type test. Read the pop up message then click OK  > Press the BlackBerry (Menu) key > Select Start. you will be given a lot of chioces select Select the Audio test > then start the test and see if your device pass that audio test ( this audio test include Microphone , Speaker and a few other )

If you device pass the audio test then you can Reload your device OS and I hope it will fix your issue ,If that fails then you had to visit your service provider for further help.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
shivam_chodankar

Thanks tanzim for ur help... i tried that thou buh it didnt help.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
shivam_chodankar

Thanks for taking note of my problem, cant get thru the path uve mentioned. Could pls suggest a self test for my BB torch 9860; OS 7.1.0 Bundle 1646.

Thanks 

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi shivam

What I suggested will work for  OS 7.1 also, if you are having problem please refer to this Knowledge Base :

KB16037 : Using the Self Test application on the BlackBerry smartphone.

Try it and let us know of your progress.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
JemstoneJam
My Device: 9860
My Carrier: MTN

Re: No sound Blackberry Torch 9860

Hi there!

I have  pretty much the same problem. I have no sound alerts for anything, ringtones, message alerts etc. My media player also has no sound. I performed the test, the only thing that failed was the handsfree speaker..no sound. I have performed a hard reset and then performed a reload of the os followed by a full wipe and still nothing! I'm about to restore my data back. I'm at a loss to think what the problem is, as the phone developed this out of no where! Any more suggestions or advice would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

JemstoneJam wrote:

Hi there!

I have  pretty much the same problem. I have no sound alerts for anything, ringtones, message alerts etc. My media player also has no sound. I performed the test, the only thing that failed was the handsfree speaker..no sound. I have performed a hard reset and then performed a reload of the os followed by a full wipe and still nothing! I'm about to restore my data back. I'm at a loss to think what the problem is, as the phone developed this out of no where! Any more suggestions or advice would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance. :smileyhappy:

Hello JemstoneJam

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

If your device can't get pass the self test and as you have already tried an OS reload ,Probably its an hardware issue so  I think it will be better to visit a Mobile repair shop they can fix the issue. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
JemstoneJam
My Device: 9860
My Carrier: MTN

Thanks for your reply, seems that's the only option now. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

JemstoneJam wrote:

Thanks for your reply, seems that's the only option now. :smileyhappy:

Hi JemstoneJam

I am sorry but you also know we can’t do much if its an hardware issue , I am sure your device can be fixed if you visit your Carrier or any Mobile repair shop.

Good luck.

Please use plain text.