Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

Not able to place outgoing calls

I'm having some major problems with basic phone calls with my Torch.  I noticed right away that maybe one of every 10 calls had a tin-can sounding, echo that only I heard.  Sounds like others have had this issue and there is a software update in the works.

I can get by with that for the time being, but what is really causing problems is the inability to make outgoing phone calls much of the time.  The problem started about one month after I got the phone and is now a problem most of the time I try to make a call.

When I try to place an outgoing call, I see "calling...." then a beep and immediately reads "disconnected" -- without ever having connected.  I also see the little red light (next to the message indicator and not usually visible) blinking rapidly.  It doesn't matter if I dial the number direct, from my phone book, or from my call log.  This happens probably 90% of the time now and is not dependent on location or the signal strength bars.  Removing the battery and SIM card doesn't fix it.  Receiving calls seems to work OK.

Anyone have a solution for this before I have to take my phone back?

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Not able to place outgoing calls

what OS are you using on it?

there is an update that has fixed many issues on teh first released units.

in a message type MYVER and a space to see the version you have, OS is latest.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Not able to place outgoing calls

I'm on the version.  However, my desktop software says the OS is the latest and .141 is the latest on the AT&T download. 

Where can I get the latest update?