Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Visitor
My Device: mutiple
My Carrier: Vodafone

Not able to sync all the contacts

Hello,

My Boss has 2 Blackberry phones , one is Blackberry torchand another one is Blackberry Bold 9000.Blackberry Torch is synced to company Blackberry server.

The Blackberry Bold is not synced with the Blackberry server but has about 1000 contacts (200 in 1st contact folder and 800 and in the 2nd).when I check the contacts options I see 2 contact folders both named "Desktop".

My Boss wants me to merge all these 1000 contacts with the contacts on his Blackberry Torch.

When I back up the contacts from Bold to outlook only 200 contacts gets restored and the remaining 800 dont.

I am using following method to merge

I intend to use following steps to merge the contacts from 2 phones

• I backed up both the devices
  • I exported all the contacts from outlook to csv file
  • Deleted all the contacts from outlook
  • Synced the contacts from Blackberry Bold to outlook but in this case only 200 contacts get synced and not the remaining 800.
  • Export the outlook  to csv again
  • Merge the 2 csvs and import to outlook

I appreciate any solution on this.

Regards,

Satish Bhatia

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: Not able to sync all the contacts

Hello Sbhatia,

First go to Options, Advanced Options, Default services, Change the contact list to Desktop.

Then open your Address book, press the menu and go to Options, select Desktop and disable wireless sync.

After you have completed this you should be able to sync the contacts.

Note: If your boss has contacts that are the same in each BlackBerry doing this may display duplicates, was the BlackBerry 9000 Actived on the same enterprise server before?

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!