Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

JustGroovy
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: 9800

Not being able to setup another email.

So I have a Torch 9800 and I need to setup a new email on my phone. I already have one email on my phone, but I need this second one as well. However, everytime I try setting it up, I can't get past choosing what kind of email it is. It doesn't open the app and I get a message saying that I need to check with my wireless service provider. Is this happening to anyone else? What do I do?

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Not being able to setup another email.

Geez, how long has it been since I've been able to actually use the email setup app to set up an email on my phone?  Forever is the answer.  I really don't know why RIM even puts it there because there are MANY people who can't access it.

You didn't specify who your cell carrier is, but if you call them they'll be able to grant you access to a self-help site that will allow you to control the email accounts on your phone.  You'll be able to add email accounts, remove them, validate passwords for them, all from your PC.

I hope that helps you.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.